Tuesday, January 27, 2009

*SMILE*

Today was Austin's 18 month check-up. He's doing great and was even all caught up on his shots. HOWEVER, the doctor did want him to get the second half of his flu vaccine. Say what?! Maybe I'm just not up to date on all my "mom research" but I had no idea these things come in installments of 2! In fact, I have never had the flu vaccine myself. I am blessed to say that I have yet to get the flu. Knock on wood. I have, however, had the privilege of having the stomach flu. Needless to say, he got the second half of the vaccine and was quite pleased with the bandaid they put over his "owie." We rewarded ourselves with some donut holes and a dr. pepper for mommy. I'll be having salad for lunch since I indulged myself this morning. All in all it was a great morning and I finally feel like our little man is back to his old self. :)

In honor of our favorite little boy, I've posted a couple of fun pictures we took the other day. The first is of his "smile." Remember when I told the story about what he does when you tell him to smile? If not, click here. It's totally worth it, I promise! Anyways, I finally caught it with our camera. Keep in mind that this is like trying to nail jello to a tree. Not only does he do his tricks when and where he feels like it, but you never know what kind of smile you'll get. Sometimes he barely blinks his eyes and moves on to the next thing. So thank you, Austin, for being such a willing participant in this picture and deeming your daddy and I worthy of your smile. We so appreciate your patience and assistance. :) Gosh, I love him!

I just busted out laughing again at this picture. How could you not smile back at that precious, silly face?! Next up is a picture of Austin playing his new favorite game. He loves to poke his little head between your legs, look up at you, and say "hi." It's his new favorite word and he now says it to strangers which includes but is not limited to the lady stocking shelves at Barnes and Noble. Oh geez. To his horror, she ignored him. Probably because she couldn't hear him, but good gracious he was waving at her like his life depended on it. He is a constant source of laughter and joy, and I just love every moment of it!

Have a great Tuesday, y'all! And stay warm. I heard a rumor that we might get a little freezing rain...emphasis on the word RUMOR.

No comments: