Friday, January 16, 2009

Our Week In Review

Remember when I said that Wednesday was ONE of my favorite days? Well, Friday would be the other one, especially now that the munchkin attends MDO on that day. As usual this week has been a little crazy and challenging at times, but full of fun moments nonetheless. Here are some of the highlights:

Monday: First day of school for Austin was a success! WOOHOO! However, Savannah - Austin = bad news...see diaper memo below. In addition, I realized that the high count for mountain cedar the day before chose to wreak havoc on my sinuses on Monday. I thought to myself,

It's gonna be a BIG week! I can already tell.

Tuesday: Austin was definitely suffering from a cold and not sleeping great at night. Sweet. The grocery store was our only outing, which meant that I spent the day in my grungy clothes. I know Luke really appreciates this look when he comes home from work. Don't let him tell you otherwise!

Wednesday: Austin and I enjoyed a fun lunch with my dad at Schlotzky's. My favorite part was when he (Austin, not my dad) busted out crying for no apparent reason causing everyone to turn and stare at me like I was hurting him. I wanted to yell,

Look away, people. Nothing to see here.

But I didn't. During Austin's second nap, I worked on some stuff for my dad using my new (and very cool) headset. I'm not the only one that had a blast with these bad boys. While fixing dinner, I heard Luke say,

We've got a great game lined up tonight...

Yes, he had the headset on and was pretending to be a sportscaster. And no, he would not let me take his picture, even though I begged. Bible study was great and, as usual, Beth proved to be a rockstar in the God and Bible study writing department. Luke, however, was not feeling like a rockstar since he had caught Austin's cold. And speaking of Austin, he spent most of the night crying off and on due to wanting one of us present in his room at all times. Oh the joys of parenthood! Sometimes it makes you want to punch yourself in the face.

Thursday: ERRAND DAY!! Apparently, Austin thinks his Gigi lives and/or works at Babies 'R Us since he kept saying her name over and over when we pulled into the parking lot. On our way home, Austin and I stopped at Hobby Lobby. It was really hard to focus on my shopping since one shopper insisted on trying, unsuccessfully, to cough her lung up. Congratulations. You win the award for loudest, most obnoxious cough in the history of all Hobby Lobby stores. Not to mention the fact that some of us are trying to stay healthy around here! Geez!

I also realized Thursday night how much I love it when Luke is really tired. Why, you ask. Well because he starts acting really silly and saying funny things. For example, one night when he was exhausted he busted out "The Star Spangled Banner" ...Luke style. It. Was. Hilarious.

And that brings us to Friday. I am happy to report that Austin slept much better last night. Somebody give Jesus a big handclap of praise for that!! HALLELUJAH!! I'd also like to give a big shout out to my husband for figuring out how to set the "repeat" feature on Austin's CD player. Now he can listen to the sound of crashing waves ALL NIGHT LONG! It's a wonder his diaper isn't soaked to the bone from peeing all night. But hey, I don't care how wet I may find him the next morning. If he's sleeping through the night again...all is well.

I hope you all are staying warm and enjoying some fun moments with your own family. Let's be honest, sometimes it's the only thing that gets us through the not so fun moments! Have a great weekend, y'all! :)

1 comment:

Laney said...

I love, love, L.O.V.E. reading your blog. I especially loved the part about parenthood and the punching yourself in the face. It made me laugh out loud...not the LOL we see everywhere but an actual gut laugh.