Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Little of This, A Little of That

I took Austin back to the doctor today since he's still running a low grade fever and giving the Hobby Lobby lady a run for her money in the coughing department. Turns out he still has an ear infection and may even be developing a little conjunctivitis on the side. When I told Dr. P what medication the "doc in a box" prescribed, he looked disturbed and annoyed all at the same time. Apparently, that medication is no longer the drug of choice when it comes to ear infections. Great. So what you're telling me is that had Dr. Whatshisface prescribed a better medication, we could be completely over this whole ear infection/cough debacle? Good to know. Remind me to write him a nice, long thank you note later! Needless to say, we made yet another trip to the pharmacy and will be on the new and improved medicine for the next ten days. In addition, the Keiffers will no longer be visiting Idiots 'R Us for any of our weekend medical needs.

I also need to take a moment to brag on my son. While waiting in our pediatricians office, we had the pleasure of observing a VERY active little guy. Not only was he super active but I would also give him an N (needs improvement) on listening to his mother. I especially loved how she had to wrestle him back into his stroller in order to take him back to a room. While all of this was going on, Austin crawled up into my lap and laid his little head on my shoulder. I agree, Austin. That kid makes me tired enough to take a nap too. It made me realize that even though Austin is active, he is also a very good little boy!

In other news, I watched The Bachelor last night. Jesus. Take. The. Wheel. I don't even know where to begin so I'll just say this:

THANK YOU, JESUS, THAT I AM HAPPILY MARRIED AND NO LONGER DATING!!!

For a more in depth look at this week's episode please click here and read this hilarious recap by one of my favorite bloggers. You won't be sorry.

Today is Bible study night and I am only on Day 2 of our five day homework installment. I've debated whether or not to go, but I've come to realize that the days that I feel like I have no energy to go are usually the times that I need me a little Beth and God the most.

Ok, Austin is awake and it's time for dose #1 of the good medicine! One last thought, though: the weekend is halfway here!! :)

No comments: