Thursday, December 18, 2008

'Tis The Season...

...for stomach bugs and crazy schedules! That's right. Our little family had the pleasure of passing around our first stomach bug. Three words: it.was.not.fun. Ok, that's four but you get my drift. Have I ever mentioned how much I absolutely HATE being sick AND being a mom?!Talk about NO sick days. Austin got sick on Monday. Before I realized he had the stomach flu, I took him over to my parents' house and ate a quick lunch with them. Just the thought of what I had makes me a little queasy still, but anyways. After a day of cleaning up things I'd rather not talk about, I was praying that I would miraculously be immune to this highly contagious bug.

Silly me.

Tuesday was my official day to endure the abundant pleasures of the stomach flu. I wanted to die! I'm ashamed to say that Austin spent more time with Veggie Tales, Wonder Pets, and Little Bear than I care to admit. The couch served as my "death bed" so to speak, and the minutes crawled by as I waited for Luke to come home from work.

But we couldn't stop there. Oh no! Luke was next. We both agreed that Austin is much more of a trooper than we are. Four days later, we are on the mend and furiously trying to get ready to go out of town tomorrow for a week. Even though my stomach is still kind of queasy, I'm in the middle of a marathon laundry session. Also on today's agenda is the battle to kill all the flu virus germs by conducting a massive wipedown of ALL surfaces with my new best friend, the Clorox Anywhere spray. A big thanks to my sister-in-law, Lindsay, for introducing me to that bad boy! The windows are open so as to air out our contaminated house and Lysol has been sprayed throughout! I'm also super thankful for my mom seeing as how she used her lunch break to make a grocery store run for some much needed essentials. Now that's an example of a mother's love. But I have to say that I'm looking forward to just hanging out with family both in Dallas and San Antonio. Plus, Luke will have 2 weeks off! Joy of all joys!

So from our house (known today as the Center for Disease Control) to yours, we wish you a Merry Christmas filled with fun memories and lots of relaxation (not to mention good health!). We are so thankful for all of you and the blessing you are in our lives!

No comments: