Thursday, January 8, 2009

Austin the Bunny

I went to Target yesterday to get some baby gifts for a couple of friends who are having boys. On my way to the checkout I realized that I needed to pick up a couple of cards as well. After several minutes of looking for the perfect card, I found it! I loved what it said inside about little boys:

Dump trucks & dirt piles,
quick hugs on the run,
Cartoon adventures
& cape-wearing fun,
Laughter & motion,
"what ifs?" & "why nots?"
Fire trucks & sirens
& banging on pots,
Mischief & sweetness
& all kinds of noise-
This is the world
of little-boy joys.
I think I've mentioned this before, but when I found out we were having a boy I was at a complete loss for what to expect. I grew up in a family of 3 girls. Translation: I was surrounded by ribbons, nailpolish, conversations about feelings, and DRAMA among other things!!
What in the world was I going to do with a little boy?!
Let me just say that I have LOVED every minute of it. There is a special bond that a mommy has with her little boy. Not to mention that nothing compares to the way his little face lights up when he sees me. It's the best and I just love every thing about my sweet boy. He truly is a joy
And speaking of Austin, guess who starts Mother's Day Out on Monday?! That's right. I'll be livin' it up from 9-2:30 on Mondays and Fridays. Don't get me wrong. I'm going to be more than a little sad to leave my little buddy, but I know he and I will have so much fun while we're apart. His teachers are Miss Gail and Miss Sharon and his class is known as "the bunnies." I mean, how ADORABLE is that?! He is going to have a blast and I can't wait to see all the fun new things he'll be learning and doing!
So be looking for a "first day of school" picture after Monday. We've got the whole weekend to label his stuff and gather all the things he'll need as a bunny at Coker Methodist Church. And on that note, I'd like to take a quick moment to thank my husband (I know you sneak in and read my blog every now and then) for helping me find room in the budget for MDO. It means so much to me that you would make this a priority because it's important to me. I hope you know just how much I love and adore you!!
Well, friends, I've got some stuff to do before Luke gets home and we start our weekend!! Happy Friday!!

No comments: