Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Goldfish & Little Bear

So Austin and I are just hanging out, eating some goldfish and watching Little Bear.
Sidenote: I really love this show since it is quiet and very soothing. Don't get me wrong. I'm a fan of Wonder Pets and Backyardigans, but sometimes I don't want to hear a song about teamwork or whatever adventure is on the agenda today. Thanks to Video on Demand, courtesy of
U-verse, we can watch Little Bear whenever we want!

ANYWAYS, I had big plans to get out and run some fun errands but decided in the middle of my shower that some comfortable clothes and time in bed sounded better. Since Austin was already coloring in his highchair I dried my hair, grabbed my laptop, and settled in for a little relaxation.

While I was catching up on a little blog reading, I came across this entry on Beth Moore's Living Proof Ministries blog. Remember when I said that I felt like God was teaching me that life won't always go as we'd hoped and that in our weakness He is made strong? Well, I just felt like this was good affirmation of the fact that some days are just discouraging, and we must rely on His strength to get through EVERY day...good or bad. I love how she said that "God shows us our weaknesses to move us past a place of prideful comfort and into spiritual growth." It's so true, isn't it? Growth happens in the valleys! The good news is that the Lord's mercies are new every morning. If the last day was less than stellar, we can count on the fact that God allows us to start fresh the next day.

I'll leave you with the verse she posted along with this entry as well as a couple of pictures of my favorite little boy. :) (oh, and a certain husband that I just happen to adore!)

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:21-23, NIV)







No comments: