Friday, January 2, 2009

Off to a Great Start in 2009

Happy New Year, everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day with friends and family. We had high hopes for a low key day, but alas, it was not to be. I should've known it was going to be one of those days when I woke up with the allergies from hell. It's true. This time of the year I'm especially attractive with all of my sniffling and sneezing. Don't worry. I should be back to normal in a month...or 2. Luckily, my husband was kind enough to get up early with our son so I could sleep a little longer.


When I finally decided to venture out of our room, I found the 2 of them upstairs watching tv together. To my surprise, Austin was drinking out of his "big boy" sippee cup. You know, the one with the hard top instead of the soft, bottle-wanna-be top. This couldn't have happend any sooner. Let me tell you a little story. A few months ago when Luke and I were introducing Austin to a fork, he decided it was more fun to stick the prongs into the holes of his sippee cup. Thus, enlarging said holes.


Fast forward to New Year's Eve.


While in the middle of a relaxing dinner of pizza with my parents, we all look over to see Austin poking small bits of food through the sippee cup holes and into his drink. Gross. And yes, he did take a couple of swigs of his concoction. Sick.


So you can imagine how relieved I was to see him drinking from a cup that will not allow him to alter his juice or milk. Apparently, though, I was the only one surprised since, and I quote, "He's been drinking out of a cup like that since we were at my parents' house." Cool.


At this point, I leaned over to give my husband a good morning kiss and guess who decided to whip out another one of his new tricks? That's right. Austin. Our sweet little boy threw himself down on the floor in an all out temper tantrum because he didn't like the fact that we were showing affection to someone other than him. I've got news for ya, pal. How do you think you got here? I can assure you that it wasn't by immaculate conception.


While Luke tried to finish working on his truck, I spent the rest of the day chasing after Austin. In my pajamas. And when I said "tried to finish" that's exactly what I meant! Let's just say that at the end of the night, we had 2 carbon monoxide detectors going off and one unhappy mama! After some research (and a little stressing on my part) we decided it was just the car fumes from the garage and nothing too serious. What. An. Adventure.

Here's hoping that the rest of the week is a little less crazy and a little more relaxing.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: