Monday, April 20, 2009

These Are The Times That Try Men's (or Women's) Souls

I really should be doing a little housework right now, but I had to get a little something (or somethings given my recent history of rambling until the cows come home) off my chest. Today is MDO, and by now all of you should know that since I feel the need to announce it each week. I just can't help myself. And let me just say that I really do miss the munchkin on these days but it sure is nice to get some things done. Plus we are so thrilled to see each other at 2:15 that I feel this time apart is worth all the excitement of being reunited!
Again, with the rambling. It's got to stop.
Anyway, I decided this weekend that I would head over to La Cantera to do a little shopping on my "day off." Mind you, I just cleaned out my closet and organized all of my shirts. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with a plethora of clothes so I probably don't need to add to my collection. I'm getting an Amen right now from the husband. To be honest, though, there are a variety of sizes in there because some of the stuff are things I wear after losing the baby weight and some are what I wear when I'm in between sizes. Not that you care. I just wanted to throw that out there.
Oh geez. Now even I am annoyed with myself because of the rabbit trails I'm taking!
So. Back to La Cantera. I've been a little stressed because we have ALOT of things coming up this summer that require a non-mom uniform. Weddings, graduations, plays, and what have you. Since I don't have many occasions to dress up I wanted to find something cute and stylish that could be worn to all said events. I've been having trouble with this. You see, I have very classic taste. So when I say something stylish what I really mean is something stylish and not over-the-top trendy.
Because I'm going to wear it a long time.
And I want to continue with the stylishness.
And I've had a baby.
I have been so frustrated because I am not Edyta from Dancing with the Stars. I have grown and pushed a darling little boy out of this body and do not have the luxury of wearing as few clothes as possible to rub it in everyone's face that I am proud of my perfectly toned non-baby body. Designers, please KEEP THIS IN MIND!
Well. Today God spoke my love language and I found a super cute but classic dress. Maybe I'll post a picture of it in the future. And now I would like to take this moment to GIVE JESUS SOME PRAISE for the lovely pink dress. And before you gasp in disapproval, it is not a baby pink. Come on, people, I know I'm a jewel tone kind of girl. The skin, it tends to glow and blind people with it's whiteness.
But here's the deal. And don't get me wrong, I love La Cantera! I love walking around outside in the amazing weather (now that I've gotten my fill of the rainy weather) and window shopping. HOWEVER, I am so over the racks stuffed with clothes. You cannot even see the sizes because YOU CAN'T MOVE THE HANGERS ASIDE. Case in point, I was looking through the clothes in NY&CO and was beyond frustrated that I could barely reach in and grab the tag to see a very small S,M, or L. In fact, I let out a very audible sigh AND THEN an even louder sigh. AND THEN I yelled,
What is the deal with the over stuffed racks, people! A girl just wants to push some hangers aside and see some sizes up in here!
Of course this was screamed in my head. I didn't want to ruin the other shoppers' experience since I'm sure no one else noticed the cramed racks. Well, that and not everyone needs to know that there's a little bit of crazy in me.
So after wrestling with the hangers and the clothes and the ridiculously stuffed racks, I headed to the register to pay for my stuff. While paying, I thought it would be fun to dump all of my change on the counter. But not really. This was after I knocked a small sign down while shopping in this store with the crowded racks.
Bitter, party of one please.
You know, the more I think about it the more I realize that this trip was destined to be a less than stellar experience. It probably won't surprise you that I almost bit it while walking around because apparently sometimes they water the sidewalk and not just the vegetation. Cool. Also, I am not a fan of the guys that try to suck me in to their kiosk so they can try to sell me some product I have absolutely no use for. Don't even pull the "can I ask you a question" stunt on me because it won't work. Not even the second time I pass. Hello! If I told you no not 45 minutes ago chances are I haven't changed my mind. And is it really necessary to say "have a nice day" in a tone that suggests I'm rude? The answer is no. No it is not necessary. In fact, I was very polite when you asked.
Because I'm nice like that.
And now I think it's safe to say that judging by my attitude it was probably a good thing that I got in my car and headed home. At least I have a classy dress to wear along with another shirt to add to the under stuffed closet. It kind of makes the major slippage, crazy cramped racks, and annoying sales guys worth it.
The. End.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clothes Hangers

Courtney said...

I totally agree about those kiosk people. You try to "blow them off" politely, but they just don't get it.....