Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Reason I Call Luke My Favorite

There are several conversations that I tell myself I never want to forget. But then I forget. Well, tonight I am going to document the latest one between Luke and I that made me laugh.

Luke: (as we're driving past our neighbor's house) I sure wish he would hurry up and finish working on his Mustang. I always see him working on his Bronco but never his Mustang.
Me: Yeah, well, I guess the Bronco is his favorite.
Luke: I have a favorite...
Me: Really? Is it me?
Luke: It sure is. (and then 2 seconds later) I MUST be your favorite because you're always working on me.

Truer words were never spoken.

And as an added bonus, here's what Austin did that made me laugh right after Luke's comment.

As we're pulling into the garage I hear a THUD! against the back of my seat. I turn around and this is what Austin did...
Austin: (slight pause while he looks at me) Catch!!

He had decided that since he was done with his drink he would throw it on the floor. I think he added the "catch" after I turned around and gave him the "mom look." He's been getting alot of those today, and frankly, my face is worn out!! TGFMDO...Thank goodness for Mother's Day Out (which is tomorrow!)

Y'all have a lovely Sunday evening.

No comments: