Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Maybe Luke Would Wear His Orange Polo For This Reason

Hello all! I've been working on my sister's graduation announcements, and I just HAD to take a break because I think my fingers are cramping from putting tiny little flowers on with glue dots. Anyway, there's this blog I read. And right now you're probably wondering WHICH ONE because I tend to blogstalk. Well, turns out that I'm not the only one that reads it. Here's the link: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/. Their youngest little boy was diagnosed with a heart problem in the womb and was not expected to live. Well. God works major miracles, and he made it full term! However, he's been in the hospital for several weeks and today he is having heart surgery. Many, many people have chosen to wear orange today to show that they are praying for Stellan and his healing. I would encourage you to go here to see some of the "orange supporters." What touches my heart the most is seeing pictures of children and teens wearing orange and holding signs that say "praying for Stellan." What an amazing job these parents are doing! Already their kids believe in the importance and power of prayer.
Also, I was so blessed by the reminder that we don't have to live in the same city or even know someone well to be praying for their family. I am so honored to be a part of a community of Christians that gladly "hold up the arms" of another Christian family in their time of need. So, if you think about it today, I hope you will join me in praying for Stellan and that God would continue to be glorified in this situation.
Unfortunately, I do not own anything orange. Oh wait! Yes I do, but it's dirty. Maybe I'll throw on Luke's neon orange AT&T shirt instead. Aaaand maybe I'll just pray for baby Stellan today.
One last thing. Perhaps you have noticed the random comment below from a "wooden hangers." I have NO idea how this ended up on my blog, and frankly, I don't care. I would just really like to delete it but can't remember how I did that the last time I got a weird comment on my blog. So, help a sister out and remind me how to erase a comment that really has nothing to do with my last post.
Thank you and good day.

No comments: