Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Randomness With A Side of Rambling

You know those posts that you read on my blog in which I tell a funny story or post a picture of Austin?
Well, this post is going to be nothing like that.
In fact, this may come across a little scatterbrained. No jokes please.
So today I was having coffee with some friends, and by friends I mean Chris, Diane, Robin, and Sam of Good Morning America. I'm sure some of you are gasping in disbelief right now {right, Michelle?!} that I don't watch Matt Lauer on the Today Show, but I'm just tryin' to keep it real, folks. You see, I don't have a crush on Matt Lauer and I DID NOT like Katie Couric; therefore, GMA became my source of news and morning entertainment. I'm not ashamed to tell you the truth. But that is not the point of my story. Anyway, I was watching GMA while I folded a PLETHORA of Austin's clothes and happend to catch an interview with a darling girl name Kristin Chenoweth. I realize that she is not new to the Hollywood scene, but I don't watch Pushing Daisies because I HAVE WAY TOO MANY SHOWS TO WATCH AS IT IS! Regardless, I just need to take this moment to say that she is quite possibly the most refreshing celebrity I've seen interviewed IN MY LIFE! In fact, I was so impressed that I'm thinking about buying her new book, A Little Bit Wicked. I read an excerpt and I'm not sure but it is possible that she's a Christian. Do not quote me on this, internet friends, because I am not even 50% positive.
And this is where I tell you that she graduated from Broken Arrow HS in Oklahoma. Good people come from Oklahoma and I would know. So let's buy her book and read it together and then we'll speculate on whether or not she's a Christian. I'm so glad you're on board with my plan!
In other news, Luke has the rest of the week off since he was on call last week. To say that I am fired up about that would be a gross understatement! I picture lots of family memories made in the next few days. Memories like taking Austin to look at the fish tank in Cabela's while Luke buys a gun.
Say what?!
Yes. You heard right. He informed me just the other day that he wanted to take care of that while we were out there before Obama takes away our right to bear arms. You might wonder why in the world our quiet, conservative Luke wants to buy a gun. Well, that would be because he wants to "protect his family should the need arise." I don't know what surprised me more- the fact that he just threw this out there in casual conversation or that I said ok without thinking twice. I guess come tomorrow, we'll have to get out those super short cut-off jean shorts and sleeveless flannel shirt. After all, if we're gonna act redneck we should definitely dress the part!
Finally, let's talk about the little man. He has been delightful lately! I have a slight problem with his inability to use the volume control on his vocal cords, but other than that we've been having a BIG time these days. My favorite thing right now is how many words he's using. Things like "aww man," which is pronounced "aww meow" in Austin speak, just make my day. He also has started calling Savannah "ga goo." Don't ask, because I have no idea. And I love it when he's walking into a different room and turns around to say,
Bye, Mommy! Bye!
I am just thrilled that he's starting to put words together in order to form a sentence! However, since he is repeating EVERYTHING, I feel like Luke and I should start giving each other random spelling quizzes to ensure that we're capable of minding the little ears while still communicating a phrase or thought. I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little tired just thinking about it. I'll keep you posted. Or maybe you'll just find out for yourselves if Austin happens to use the words "stupid" or "dang it" in your presence. That will be your first clue that the spelling tests aren't going so well.
And on that note I'm gonna wrap this up. My computer keeps freezing and Austin smells. Two good reasons to bring our time together to a close if you ask me.
Have a lovely evening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Kristin Chenoweth is a Christian. I dont know much about her but remember she had a song out on Christian radio a few years ago.