Monday, April 13, 2009

The Easter Recap of '09. And Also Some Pictures

Well, another Easter has come and gone. It was a great weekend full of food, fun, and family memories. Let's recap, shall we?


Friday: Austin and I woke up bright and early to run some errands before Britt and Jon got into town. We finished just in time for a delish lunch of tacos with some of our favorite people. I took little A home for a nap since we were going to church that night so as to avoid the masses on Sunday. Also. Luke was on call so the 7:00 service was the best chance he had for attending church this Easter. I was a little worried that he wouldn't get off work in time to go with us, and he wouldn't commit just in case something "blew up" and he had to work late. This led to a little bit of crankiness on my part, which led to Luke asking if I wanted to apologize for my attitude.

I said no.

Luke graciously informed me that sometimes we have to do things that we don't feel like doing.

I still said no.

But we were able to celebrate Jesus together so it all worked out. I know you're breathing a sigh of relief right now...



And what would a family gathering be without a picture of the sisters? Not much of one at all. So here it is. The token sister picture.


Please excuse the weird angle of my leg in this picture. Instead, I would encourage you to focus on how well we coordinated that night.

The Easter service was A-MAZING!! Truly. I wouldn't write the word amazing like that if I were lying. The choir did an awesome job and the congregation was fired up about Jesus. There's nothing like worshipping in that kind of atmosphere if you ask me! The best part was Claire's solo. She did a fabulous job. Obviously, I didn't get a picture of her singing this weekend, but here's one that Marks Moore took of her a while back. Just pretend that she's standing in front of a cross singing her heart out for Jesus.


Like I said, she did great! So great, in fact, that I went back on Sunday morning to hear her again.

We finished the evening at IHOP. When Britt found out this was the plan she leaned forward and asked Claire and I,

Do we like IHOP?

Turns out that we do, especially their chocolate chip pancakes! We also like that they put families like us in the back so that we can be loud and obnoxious without feeling bad.

Saturday: Britt and Jon left early to head to Dallas to see the Yeagers. Since Luke was working, just Austin and I went over to say goodbye. The rest of the day was spent at the grocery store, having lunch with Luke, and making dinner for the whole family. It was a good day but I was worn out by 8:30.

In the morning.

I'm not kidding.

Sunday: Aftering hearing Claire sing one last time, I headed to breakfast with my dad, mom, and Austin. Guess where we went? No, really. Guess. {Don't you hate it when people do that?} IHOP! Remember? We like IHOP. It was good. And that's all I'm gonna say, because if I go into any details about what I ordered or how much I ate, I will embarrass myself. And we all know that I don't need any help in that department.

Turns out our late lunch was being held at my parents' house. I say "turns out" because we went to my Granny's house first. I got confused.

Austin got to experience his first Easter egg hunt and it was too cute to watch. Here are just a few of the pictures I took.


Showing Papa B his eggs.


Showing Daddy his eggs. Love his face. Love it!


And the day wouldn't be complete without a little egg show and tell with Gigi.


This picture makes me laugh.

And that brings us to today. Here are the highlights so far.

  • I'm a little behind on laundry so this is the shirt that Luke had to wear to work today:


As he was walking out of our bedroom this is what he said,

I'm gonna go ahead and turn out all of these lights and find my way to the door by the glow of my shirt. Good thing I won't have to wear my reflective, safety vest today.

I'm strongly considering not washing any of his clothes today so that he will have to wear his other orange AT&T shirt tomorrow. I think it would be fun to hear some more of his witty remarks, wouldn't you agree?

  • Austin and I have done lots of fun things together today. For example, we played with stickers...

Which leads to the question:

Does this Diego sticker make my hand look fat?

I hope you all had a fabulous Easter with family and friends. Now do have a lovely week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i want to let you know that i read your blog all the time, but i do it off of google reader so it's not as easy to comment on there. :) phew, i feel better that i got that off my chest! ;)

you're so funny and all of these pictures make me miss y'all. hope to see you soon! maybe i can make it to austin's college graduation...