Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Big Rundown of '09

Happy Saturday, friends! Have you all been enjoying the rain as much as we have? I have a small confession to make. I absolutely LOVE this kind of weather. In fact, too many days of sunshine tends to make me a little crazy. Now don't be haters! I just feel like we need a good, cleansing rain every couple of weeks. Or days. Don't get me wrong. I love beautiful, sunny days, but I can only take so much, ya know? Into every life a little rain must fall, I say. However, no one has enjoyed this weather more than Savannah. She is in our laundry room drying off as I type. And holy mudpit, is it dirty in there! I could show you a picture but I won't.
Because I care about you. And your stress level.
I repeat, it is DIRTY in there. Good thing I'm all caught up on laundry because I won't be venturing in there anytime soon. To say that it really stresses me out to see all that mud and dirt would be the understatement of the day! I feel like I need to spend a little time mentally preparing myself for the Big Clean-Up of '09 so she'll be having a little "Savannah time" for a couple of hours.
Now on to more important things like what we've been up to these last few days. Luke has been off since Thursday. {I know. This is not new news. Repeateritis. It's real and it's a serious problem for some.} I always try to think of something fun for us to do as a family to celebrate more of Luke's presence after being on call. {That's right. It's not just for doctors anymore!} Since the weather was supposed to be yuck with a capital "Y," I thought we could make a trip out to The Rim and look at the fish tanks in Bass Pro. Creative, I know. But first we needed some lunch so we made a stop at TGI Fridays. I've decided that there's just something about lunch on these "family days" that makes me want to punch myself in the face.
Austin was TERRIBLE!! There have only been a couple of times in his short life when I've been 3 clicks away from selling him on ebay, and this occasion was one of those times. We left a $5 tip and not because we consumed alot of food. That's all I'm gonna say because I think all you moms out there know exactly what I'm talkin' about. And all you non-moms, well, I don't want to scare you and I'm fairly certain you have a good imagination. His attitude got a little better so we still took him to Bass Pro. On the way home, Luke and I discussed a serious game plan for encouraging our little man to act a little less spoiled. And my motivation to finish Dare to Discipline has been renewed!
And now you know how to pray.
Friday was great since Austin had MDO which meant that Luke and I had some quality time together. After lunch we picked little A up and brought him home for some playtime with Mom and Dad. It was a good day!

And that brings us to today. Luke and Austin had a father/son date this morning so I SOAKED IN the quiet at the house. We also had the privilege of having lunch with my dad and Claire. Good times were had by all, and of course, pictures were taken. In fact, for your viewing pleasure, I give you our life in pictures these last few days...


Thanks to Uncle Josh and Uncle Jared {or the Funcles, as they call themselves} Austin is lookin' like quite the little stud while he's chauffered around town. Look out ladies! He's gonna be a heartbreaker.


Proof that he did make it to Bass Pro despite the rough start. He really enjoyed practicing his driving skills. We neglected to tell him that the only thing he'll be driving for a while is his Little Tykes car at the lake.


Oh yeah. We also got a webcam to use with Luke's family and the Yeagers {Britt and Jon that is. I doubt Jon's parents have a strong desire to speak with us via webcam.} Gone are the days when I didn't have to worry about my appearance when talking to family. I know they don't care but I DO care about not breaking their webcam and computer.


Posing with Aunt C at lunch.

Hamming it up! Clearly, he is not camera shy!!

So there you have it. A complete rundown, which I'm sure you were just dying to get!! My apologies for the long-windedness. This too is a sickness that I believe is incurable in my case.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments: