Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Who? Oh. Swine Flu...

...otherwise known as Every Mother's Worst Enemy! I'm sure most of you have heard about the pig virus sweeping the nation. Here in San Antonio we've already had a couple of school districts shut down and I'm sure others are not far behind. In fact, after hearing of the confirmed death of a 23 month old in Texas, Luke and I made an executive decision to keep Austin home from Mother's Day Out on Friday {*gasp* I KNOW! It's a sad, sad day for both of us!} and will probably not put him in the church nursery this week just to be safe. Maybe we're overreacting but probably not since Austin comes home with some sort of virus every time we leave him in Kids Club. Now let me be clear, we absolutely love the children's program at our church just not all the germs floating around.

Because they are a real mood killer.

So. What am I going to do today? Stock up on Purell, movies for the munchkin, and I may venture into the world of finger paints for those moments when I'm hanging onto my sanity by a FIBER of a thread.

In all seriousness, though, I hope and pray that this does not last too much longer.

Because I would like Austin to enjoy this last month of MDO before the summer sessions start.

The End.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read this and it mademe feel better! Hope if helps calm your fears!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/28/regular.flu/index.html