Friday, May 29, 2009

and in the blink of an eye it's been 5 years









On May 22nd, Luke and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. It really does seem like just yesterday that I was wearing the most beautiful dress while promising a lifetime of love to my best friend.




He looked pretty good too by the way.




But do you want to know something really crazy?




Of course you do. Who says no to a question like that?




We've known each other for 10 years! The best 10 years of my life. Without a doubt. So. I hope you don't mind, but I would like to dedicate this post to Luke. The man God chose to compliment me in every way long before I even knew he ("he" being Luke) existed.




I still remember the day we met for the first time. I wouldn't call it "love at first sight" but it was definitely "interest at first sight." After all, he was one of the only new guys to join our very small junior class. We were friends for a full year before we started dating.




Sidenote: This was not by my choice. He takes his sweet time with everything and asking me out was no exception. Looking back, though, I'm thankful we were friends for a while before we became a couple.



Not only was he my high school sweetheart but also my first kiss. What began as just a summer romance quickly turned into something more serious. After spending a year apart at different colleges, I decided to transfer to Tulsa. We had a blast doing the college thing together and made some amazing memories and friends in the process.



Finally. I'll say it again. FINALLY, after 4 years of dating, I got to marry the love of my life. And what a life it's been since the moment we said "I Do." I love being married, and I love being married to Luke even more!



There are so many things I love about my husband and I'd like to take this moment to list a few. Or several. I hope you don't mind. {I see another bullet list in your future. Get excited!}






  • I love his smile. The real one. It dazzles me every time.


  • I love that he is organized and neat just like me, but I love that he never says a word when I fall off the wagon every once in a while. You know, like when I find a good book to read.


  • I love how blue his eyes are. I've always wanted brown hair and blue eyes. I guess if that wish will never come true for me, it's only fitting that God would give me a husband with those features.


  • I love that he wants our next child to be a girl because he knows it's the desire of my heart. By the way, I so hope that it's God's plan because I would love, love, love to watch him with a girl.


  • I love that he'll watch tv in bed with me even though we have a big screen upstairs.


  • I love that he wished me a "Happy Birthday Month" this morning before he left for work. He never forgets how much I love birthdays and the fact that he would acknowlege that in the midst of his busy morning makes me feel special.


  • I love that every once in a while he'll bring home flowers for me just because he loves me.


  • I love that he thinks I'm beautiful even when I tell him I feel otherwise. In fact, I love that he thinks I'm beautiful whether I'm wearing my most comfortable, least attractive clothes or all dressed up for a date.


  • I love that he loves me unconditionally even when I'm not that loveable.


  • I love that he respects my parents and is protective of my sisters.


  • I love how much he loves his family {and mine too for that matter}


  • I love that he is the steady, calming presence in the midst of the storms we've faced together thus far in our relationship.


  • I love that he truly believes I am capable of big things and anything I set my mind to do.


  • I love that he weathers my good moods and not so good moods with the patience of Job.


  • I love watching him be Austin's daddy. He's very good at it. :)


  • I love that he takes the time to read my blog and "catch up on my life" as he likes to say.


  • But more than anything, I love that he loves the Lord and seeks His will daily. I love that he strives to be a Godly example to those around him no matter the circumstance.


Thanks for letting me share some of my list. I hope it didn't make you gag, but no one is MAKING you read this. So, really, I'm not sorry.



Luke



You are the love of my life in every way. I am so humbled and honored that a Godly, wonderful man like you would want to spend the rest of your life with me. I never doubted that our life together would be anything less than fabulous, but I had no idea just how amazing it would be. My life is richer and fuller with you in it. There's no question that you bring out the best in me and I can't imagine my life without you. I am so, SO thankful that God granted the desire of my heart with you. He truly gave me more than I could ask or even imagine. I can't wait to celebrate many more anniversaries with you. I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How sweet! Praise God for GOOD husbands!!!