Sunday, May 3, 2009

Allow Me To Bring You Up To Speed

In no particular order, here are just a few little details of our life lately. And by lately, I mean the last 2 weeks since I had some pictures to upload.

I took Austin outside to play the other day. I had the bright idea of filling a bowl full of soapy water and grabbing a couple of his cups to take with us. I also put on his swim shorts from last year. And that's exactly what they looked like...his swim shorts from last year...

He played with these for approximately 2 seconds before he was chasing Savannah around in the yard...


Savannah was a fan of this new idea for another 5 seconds before she was tired of all the chasing, hitting, and hugging. Notice that I wasn't lying about the shorts. It would also appear that his shirt is looking a little snug too.

That's unfortunate.

Austin and I discovered some baby birds living in one of our bird houses the other day. Did I just say "one of" like we own more than one? Because we don't. So I almost lied to you. My apologies.

The little birds have since flown the coup, but we sure had fun watching them grow and hearing their tiny chirps right outside our kitchen window. Many thanks to Savannah for not trying to eat the baby birds. It must have been difficult for you!


Before you start to worry if there is something wrong with your eyes, the picture is a little blurry. Aaand you'll have to look real close if you want to see some baby birds.

I did all I could, people! I did all I could.

I recently had the privilege of hosting a shower for one of my Bible study friends. It was super fun and I LOVED our color scheme! She's having a little girl so we went with hot pink, lime green, white and black. And since several of us hosted together, we were able to do some really fun stuff. Here we are with the "guests" of honor...

It was at this shower that I had the most AMAZING ham and cheese quiche I have ever tasted in my life! And yes. They were homemade.
That same day I announced my bright idea of putting together a Ladies Night Bible Study cookbook. It must've been the quiche talking since I was reminded of my committment just the other day via mass email. I'm pretty sure the words "oh crap" came out of my mouth.
Seriously, though, it'll be fun to compile all of our amazing recipes. Paula Deen's got nothin' on us!! :)

I had my whole family {minus Britt & Jon} over for dinner last night. Here are my two favorite stories from yesterday's activities.
Luke told me he was going to run to the store to get some coke and adult beverages because he felt like "boozing it up" at dinner. That means he planned on having one Smirnoff Ice with his BBQ. He makes me laugh.
The second exchange took place between me and my dad later that evening...
Me: There's coke, water, and other stuff in the fridge.
Dad: Ok, I'll take one of those Smirnoff Ice. Can I have a glass?
Me: You don't want to just drink it out of the bottle?
Dad: No. I don't want to freak Granny out.
Me: What?! She's the one that yells "WHISKEY!" instead of cheese when we're taking pictures! {It's true. She does.}
Dad: Yeah, well, she talks a big game.
Never a dull moment, folks! Needless to say, we had a great time. And not because we were all "boozing it up." We really have that much fun with each other. Last night was no different.
That brings us to today. After Sunday school, Luke and I took Austin to lunch. We also stopped by Petsmart to look at the puppies. I really thought all of this activity would wear the little munchkin out for a good nap but no such luck.
That means that the rest of the afternoon should. be. interesting.
Happy Sunday, friends!

No comments: