Saturday, May 16, 2009

7 things you really don't have to know about me {but i'll tell you anyways}

So I was tagged by my friend Bre'anna to list 7 random things about myself on my blog. I'm not gonna lie. I kind of like reading these things because I feel like I get to know a friend a little better.


And also because I'm a dork like that.


Anyway...here goes. I promise you'll be dumber by the time you finish reading this post.


1. Not only do I absolutely adore my husband, but I love our history. He was my high school sweetheart and my first kiss. Now he is the LOVE OF MY LIFE and no one makes me happier than he does. I could go on forever but we just don't have that kind of time.


2. I am a huge fan of music. Isn't that funny? You know, since I'm the only one of the 3 sisters that does not possess singing talent. In fact, many people assume that I have a beautiful voice just like Britt and Claire. I do not. If you EVER see me heading toward a mic...do us all a favor and get me off the stage! However, that doesn't keep me from appreciating the amazing talent of others.


3. I wish I could dance. As lame as it sounds, I would just love to be on Dancing with the Stars. Except I'm not a star. And I'm not a professional dancer. And let's face it. The only person I would care to partner with would be Luke. Be real with me here...some of those dances could do wonders for the marriage relationship don't ya think? I'm just sayin'.....


4. I really, really, REALLY love to laugh. It's the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to brighten a person's day. Plus, I hear it's a great way to burn some calories. So SCORE! Fortunately, God has blessed me with an abundance of people in my life that make me laugh on a daily basis. Life is never dull and I love it!


5. I think I've mentioned it before but I love rainy days. I love how everything smells right before and after it rains. And I love how cleansing and relaxing it is. I'm one of those weirdos that would love living in Seattle or somewhere else in the Northwest. Unfortunately, I am NOT a fan of bitter cold and snow. Soooo, the five days of rain we get a year here in Texas will have to do.


6. I have this dream of writing a book someday. At first I thought non-fiction for sure, and now I think I could go either way. Maybe I'll surprise myself and do both. Regardless, I have this unexplainable desire to make a lasting impact for Jesus in some way. Whether I do that by writing about what He has taught me or through some other adventure, I just hope He will give me the opportunity to do big things for Him. We'll see...
7. Speaking of doing big things for Him, I am privileged to have one of the best jobs in the world. I love being Austin's mom. When we found out we were pregnant, I immediately began to worry {big shocker there!} about whether or not I would be a good mom. I should've known that God meant business when He said He wouldn't give us anything we couldn't handle. It is definitely the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done. Not to mention that there is nothing I wouldn't do for our little man. In my opinion, Austin is proof that God blesses us above and beyond what we deserve. I am so honored and humbled that He would trust me with the big job of being his mom.
So there you have it. And now I have to tag 7 other people.
1. Claire- Now that you've finished high school, it's time to update your blog. Oh and also, you just got back from Florida. There is blogging gold in senior trip memories, let me assure you! We're all waiting with baited breath so don't let us down.
2. My cousin Elena- I know you've got some good stuff to say so let's hear it. You can't have twins and not have some funny realizations about yourself. I'm sure you will not disappoint!
3. Jordan- I love you and I love your blog. So glad that you and Britt became friends in college because you're like the 4th sister we never had.
4. Allison- The new mom. Sometimes we need an exercise like this to remind us of who we are outside of the dirty diapers, spit-up, and bad days due to some really long nights. Plus, I KNOW you have some "little known fact" gold in your arsenal and I can't wait to hear it.
5. Drea- I'm tagging you simply because you are my favorite friend. We have some hilarious memories and you always have great things to say. No pressure. ;)
6. Courtney- Don't think I don't read all those lists you make on facebook when you're bored because I do. I hate that I don't get to see you as often so things like this make me feel like we've had a quick convo at MOPS or something. You are such a fun girl and I love that I now know someone else with a "bonus child." :)
7. Christie- Let's be honest. May 7th was long ago so it's time. Don't lose heart! You'll hit your 100th post in no time, I'm sure. We just need to get you on the blogging bandwagon more often. :)
I would tag Britt but she has been tagged already. Therefore, I'm going to take this opportunity to give her a shout out and remind her to list 7 things! I have no doubt that you'll make us laugh and cry so get to it. It's not like you have to move in a week or anything.
Thanks for checking in, friends! Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So...tomorrow is the big 5 year anniversary!!! Do y'all have any exciting romantic plans? I hope y'all have a great celebration whatever it is!