Thursday, May 7, 2009

just another thursday

Ahhh, naptime! The perfect opportunity to gather my thoughts, which is a little more difficult today since I'm suffering from a head cold. I'm the last to get it because where we go one we go ALL in this family.
It's just the way we roll.
But I won't let a little cold get me down! Austin and I have had a great day. So great, in fact, that he was not too thrilled about having to pause and take a nap. And his pause is my fast forward since naptime always seems to fly by! We took a walk with some friends, had lunch with Luke, and listened to our new Veggie Tales CD. And now, I'm sitting in my favorite recliner soaking in the quiet while I regroup for Round 2.
One of my activities today was the ordering of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It's the sensation that sweeping the nation. Every time I visit someone's blog they're talking about starting this little gem. It's kind of like The Swine Flu {or The Swine as Luke and I call it}. Everywhere you turn someone's talking about it. I have to tell you, though, I'm a little suspicious that The Shred is about more than just dropping a few pounds. I have a feeling one also shreds any sort of pride they may possess. I'll let you know.
The thing is that swimsuit season is quickly approaching. And since my in-laws now own a lakehouse and my parents have a pool, I think I need to do everyone a favor and take some pride in my bathing suit appearance.
You're welcome.
Wanna hear something crazy? My littlest sister graduates from high school in a couple of weeks. The tears, they're too close for comfort! I cannot believe our little Claire is about to spread her wings and begin the next chapter in her life. Look out, Baylor! Claire Bauerlein is about to take you by storm. Kind of reminds me of when I took Baylor by storm. I had to leave because it just couldn't handle me and my great friend Drea. Ok, well that and the fact that a certain boy had captured my heart. Still. Good times and wild rides were had by all that year. Oh, college! You are missed!
And now, I am proud to announce {I'll refrain from making my usual disclaimer here} that the Keiffer family is going to sponsor a child with Compassion. I. am. pumped! Some of you may know about the debate between Luke and I regarding how many little people we feel led to have. He wants 2 and I'd be great with 3. For the sake of our marriage, I've agreed to 2. But do you want to hear the really cool thing?
I knew you would. You're good to me like that.
Anyway, sponsoring this child will be like having a third. Or second before we add to our family again. I think it will be so special for us to write letters and pray for whoever God gives us. Luke told me that "he still remembers Bruno." Or whatever the little boy's name was. I hope this will make a lasting impact on Austin about how blessed we are and the importance of helping others with what God has given us.
Alrightey. My head is starting to feel like it's going to explode so I'm gonna wrap this up. Have a fabulous day, sweet friends {and family}!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Aimee! You will love sponsoring through Compassion...we have two little kiddos, a boy in India and a little girl in the Phillippines. I love getting the little drawings in the mail, and seeing the updated pics every once in a while! It is also a humbling reminder of how well we have it and how truly blessed we are!
Take care, Christie

Andrea said...

Those were good times! If only we could nap like we use to! And eat like we use to! Ha ha! White chocolate mochas! Yum...I miss those days! We will have to live vicariously through Claire! And I will pray that she finds her drea across the hall! Love...