Friday, May 8, 2009

spending a little time in the Word

Greetings from my bed! Oh you didn't know I'd named my bed The Word? It's pretty clever actually. This way I can honestly say that I'm "in the Word daily" and feel better about myself. Ok just kidding.
Still suffering from this ridiculous cold. Oh, who am I kidding?! This head cold is kicking. my. butt. Thank goodness for MDO since I'm staying in my bed until I have to pick the munchkin up. Seriously. Being a mom with no sick days is not for the faint of heart. Praise Jesus for Noggin and The Disney Channel and Video on Demand. Stop judging! They say Noggin is like preschool on tv and I choose to believe them.
So. Since my head is full of junk you get the privilege of another random post. Try to contain your excitement. Here we go.
I'm watching The Food Network right now. I just finished Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller and I have one question. Why in the world is she so skinny?! It makes me question the level of tastiness in her recipes. I'm just sayin'. Now Paula Deen is on and I just love her! If we have another boy I picture our relationship being much like hers is with her 2 boys. Except without the mega cooking empire. Let's face it. I like to cook but it's not my passion. See this week's meal list...take out.
That brings me to my next random topic. Motivation. Somewhere along the way it took a vacation from my life and I'm ready for it to return. This post describes just how I feel these days. I'm tired of my schedule and can't seem to get back on track. There is some major cleaning that needs to be done and not even the bumble bee clean-up can help me now. However, I was somewhat inspired by this little post. Now if I could just get rid of this cold I'd be set.
And speaking of The Cold, I didn't get to sleep until 2 last night. I felt like my sinuses were going to explode out of my face.
Did you like that visual?
I knew you would.
I finally got up and did the neti-pot. Once again I was reminded of what a humbling experience it is. Way to kick a girl when she's down, Sinu-cleanse. I already felt ultra attractive. I also finished my book, checked my facebook, and contemplated watching Grey's Anatomy. Let's just say that when I woke up this morning I felt like I'd been run over by a Mack truck. And I'm sure I didn't look like I was going to win some beauty pagents any time soon. The only thing that made me feel a little better was hearing Austin chatting in his bed through the monitor. Such a sweet boy and a ray of sunshine in my day.
Did any of you watch Grey's Anatomy last night? I DVR'd it but haven't watched yet. To tell you the truth, I've heard it was gut wrenching and I'm just not sure I'm up for the look-like-I-just-got-stung-by-a-bee cry. Talk about attractive. I've already been feeling a little weepy lately and I have NO idea why. I'm a little nervous about subjecting my emotions to that. Oh what the heck. Might as well get it over with. We all know I'm gonna watch it eventually.
Ok and now Giada just made something that looks heavenly. Oh gosh. Just what I need to be tempted to make right before I start The Shred.
I think it may be time for lunch. Too bad this cold hasn't stifled my appetite. I could've gotten a head start on my new program.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Great post! Feel better! And BTW Giada's receipes are all delicious and probably not good for you but do you see her portion sizes. Emma eats more than that! Love...

Unknown said...

I have to know....have you started the Shred? I have had it for awhile, but just started it. KILLER. I finished up a pilates series before starting and thought (very pridefully!) that I would have no problem and would be moving to level two in no time! Gee whiz!!! My husband had to pick me off the floor! Let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

http://emmitts.wordpress.com/2009/05/14/seven-things/