Monday, March 9, 2009

Who Loves Roadtrips?! We Do!!

Happy Monday, everyone! I must say today was off to a great start for me. Due to daylight savings time, my little man slept until 8:40! Yes. You heard right. It was heaven on earth here at the Keiffer house. I am especially pleased by this unexpected surprise since I'm flying solo this week while Luke is in Dallas for some training. However, not everyone looks as happy this morning...



As you can see, Savannah is less than thrilled to begin this new week. I love that this is her new spot. In fact, I looked over one night and saw her little nose peeking out and wondered what the heck she was doing. This was the answer...



Sometimes a girl's just gotta curl up and hide from the world for a while. Clearly, Savannah has found the perfect spot. Maybe the next time I feel a little overwhelmed by life, I'll try it out and see how I feel afterwards.


But enough about Monday, let's talk about the weekend. The three of us took a little roadtrip before Luke headed to Dallas on Sunday. We had a great time from beginning to end. Luke and I were pleasantly surprised by Austin's good mood on the way up. We left right after we picked him up from Mother's Day Out. I don't know what they give this little guy while he's there but I would like to get some to take home for him AND for me. He is in the best moods these days when I go get him. Anyway, I took advantage of this amazing attitude and snapped a few pictures.



Eating a few goldfish on the trip. Want a close up of what he was doing with most of them?












He's really into the "secret stash" idea these days. His mom...not so much.



After snack time, Austin decided to rock his lamby and make one of our most favorite faces ever! If you're wondering why these pictures are starting to look blurry, it's because of this guy...



He decided it would be funny to start swerving while I was trying to capture our son on film. As soon as I caught onto his little scheme, I looked over and saw the face above. Oh, Luke! You do know how to push my buttons, don't you?!


In the meantime, Austin decided to snuggle up with his blanket (also known as "bie") and watch Ice Age: The Meltdown.



Luckily, I was able to capture this moment without the blur caused by a swerving car and a sneaky husband.


So who were we on our way to visit? This lovely couple right here:



It was our first time to go visit the newlyweds in their cute, little duplex. As you can see, Austin is very fond of his aunt and uncle. Isn't this an adorable picture of the 3 amigos? I'm glad you think so because it took quite a few outakes to get this one. Thanks, Austin. You truly are a gem sometimes. For your viewing pleasure, I give you the numerous attempts at taking a picture of Austin with Aunt B and Uncle J:



Ok, this one was actually pretty good. I really just love his face here. I guess he's trying to play it cool. Must get that from Luke...You know, since we all know I'm as far from cool as they come.



Outake #1: In case you can't tell, he was NOT happy. Neither was his mother.



Outake #2. And this is where Jon and Britt get a taste of what it might be like to wrestle a greased pig. The joy, it would seem, is unending!



A little snuggle with Aunt B. Super cute.


While we were in College Station, Austin had yet another milestone. Sitting in a booster seat.
He did really well, too. Plus, it was nice to sit in a booth and not have the lone high chair hanging out there. We're growing up, folks!



Documenting this momentous occasion with Aunt B. Sadly, Austin is more excited about his colors.



I had such a blast visiting my sister! It went by so fast, and I was definitely sad to leave. I sure do miss her, but I'm so glad to see her happily married to a great guy. :)


If you think about them, please say a prayer for a safe trip to Boston this weekend to visit another seminary. I know. Boston is a far off place, and I don't think Austin would be as happy on that roadtrip. Thank goodness for Southwest Airlines or the VIA bus of the sky, as we like to call it.


Y'all have a great week!

PS: If the spacing on this entry is less than stellar, that's because of some technical difficulties while posting that I don't have the wherewithall to deal with at the moment...

1 comment:

Laney said...

Wrestling a greased pig...I know the feeling! If it were an Olympic sport, I'd be the next Phelps!