Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pictures, Pictures, and More Pictures

Ok, folks. Here are the lake pictures. Be warned: there are ALOT! As you'll see, we had a blast and can't wait to go back. So enjoy!

Picture 1: David & sweet Audrey with Mark and the girls
Picture 2: Two of my favorite brother-in-laws
Picture 3: Austin & his second cousins, Audrey and Natalie. They are watching a movie. Can't you tell by the look on Austin's face?


Picture 1: Jared & Natalie. She is a Brittany in training!
Picture 2: Jared rocking Natalie. Don't you think he'll make a great dad? Yes, I do too.

The boys built an amazing fire pit, which we all thoroughly enjoyed. I was impressed plus it was super easy. Austin's favorite activity was riding in the gator with Pops. He may not look super thrilled but he was excited on the inside.


Austin loves his Uncle Josh. In fact, the two of them were roomies for a couple of nights. I say a couple because the day he woke up at 5:30 Josh decided that he would like to enjoy his Spring Break and actually get to sleep in. I agreed but it sure was nice to have a break! :) He also loves his Grammy and all the time he got to spend with her.


Picture 1: Austin was helping the boys put together his new car.
Picture 2: And what car would be complete without some cool shades. Thanks to Uncle Josh and Uncle Jared, he was lookin' like quite the stud in his new ride!
Here are just a few things Austin enjoyed while spending time at the lake. Playing with Daddy, swinging with the girls, and sitting at a table just his size with Grammy. He was one tired little boy when we got home, but he had the time of his life last week.
I am so thankful to be a part of this family! Sometimes I feel like it's unfair to be blessed with such amazing in-laws since I already have a wonderful family myself! I loved every minute of this last week, especially getting to see some family from Tulsa that we haven't seen in over a year. We all had a blast and made so many memories. Towards the end of the week we all gathered around in the living room to watch a slide show of pictures from the Keiffer side plus a few of the Allens mixed in. As I watched, I was struck by the fact that there is so much history and love in this family. All of them have helped to create a legacy that I hope to carry on in my own family. I can honestly say that there have been some rough patches, but those times have only helped our bond grow stronger. It's weeks like these that I feel like God gives me a little glimpse into what Heaven is going to be like. I am so humbled that God would give me 2 amazing families to make the journey of life a little easier to walk. :)

No comments: