Monday, March 30, 2009

Insert Witty and Original Title Here...

It's the beginning of a new week and I think I'm off to a good start as far as getting lots done. But before we discuss today let's recap the weekend, shall we?

I had big plans for a family weekend since Luke will be working more long hours soon. Then Luke got sick. So the family activities consisted of a trip to Target and Home Depot followed by family naptime. We also ventured out to McAlisters, which is one of Luke's favorite places to eat. We're hoping that Austin and I don't get the nasty cold. So far so good. It seems like God has been teaching us perseverance during all of our sicknesses. Hopefully He is pleased by our progress because I would really like a break.

Austin was in rare form this weekend too. We were upstairs in the game room and he decided that he wanted to relive his newborn days by doing this:


Clearly, he has taken his love for swinging a little too far. But gosh, he sure is cute!

Also, he found some of Luke's cords for our many electronics. Holy Mardi Gras he had alot of them around his neck!


The front view...


And the back.

Despite the fact that he was not feeling his best, Luke did a great job of helping me "corral the kiddo" as he would say. It was nice to have some breaks throughout the day. So thank you, sweet husband of mine, for saving my sanity! It's no surprise that Luke went to bed not long after 9, and after deciding that there was nothing on tv I wanted to watch, I turned off my light at 9:15. I know. We're old.

And then, just like that {snap} it was Monday morning. To our relief, Luke was feeling much better when he woke up and I didn't feel like death warmed over. Like I said before, we're hoping that means that I will stay well.

Austin had Mother's Day Out today and I was so glad to drop him off without a meltdown. {Just for the record, I never have meltdowns about MDO...Austin takes care of that for the both of us} I had a big day planned. I was headed to Walmarts and then home to clean. Don't be jealous of the glamorous life I lead. And while we're on the topic of cleaning and being jealous, I stopped by my parents' house to drop off and pick up some things. As soon as I walked in the door I was hit by one of my favorite smells...the smell of a clean house. Apparently, Janie came and worked her magic, which is weird since I didn't hear my mom mention that over and over the other day. She really does get quite excited about "Janie Day."

After picking up the little man and running some errands, we headed home for more cleaning and playing. I bet you want to know the highlight of my day so far. Well that would be the fact that I just changed a dirty diaper and the little mister already has another one. To which I say,

Austin, try to clean yourself out at MDO. Don't you know that today is the day I get a break?!

Again, you shouldn't be jealous of the glamour that is my life. I really do think it is unfair that Luke doesn't have to change even half the amount of dirty diapers that I do these days. Potty training is looking better and better. Good thing he's so darn cute even when he smells.

Ok. Time to wrap this up because I just can't take the smell any longer.

Y'all have a lovely evening.

No comments: