Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Austin Update

I'm doing it again! Believe me, no one is more shocked than me that this is the second time I've posted twice in one day! It's just that I got to thinking about the fact that one of the main reasons I write this blog is to keep friends and family updated on our little man. Call me crazy but I don't think they check in to hear my thoughts on The Bachelor.

Sidenote: Most people know that I have a small collection of tv shows that I like to watch. It's just really nice to crawl into bed with my pajamas on and escape from all the things I didn't get done that day. If I'm really lucky, Luke will join me and we'll enjoy some fun time together. My point is that most of these shows are NOT reality television. I'll be honest with you. I like to watch a little tv to escape reality for just a while. And since I am all full up on my show watching schedule, I do not watch American Idol or Survivor or The Amazing Race. So if you ask me what I think about these shows and I simply give you a blank stare...you'll know why. So don't worry. I don't plan on sharing my opinion about the shows or characters of the shows I watch on a regular basis. Although, I am NOT above posting a few of my favorite funny quotes from The Office.



Moving on. I cannot believe how fast time is flying when it comes to our little man! It seems like he learns something new everyday. Here's a run down on most of the things he's up to these days:


  • He has officially started calling me Mommy. I always thought I would love for him to call me Mama, but there's something so sweet about hearing his little voice say Mommy
  • Occasionally he'll call Luke Daddy but it's still Dada most of the time.
  • He's getting much better at communicating even though it's usually in the form of one word while pointing at an object. Still it's better than hearing him cry and trying to figure out why.
  • That said, here are some of the words he's saying: ball (gall), dog (gaga-I think this comes from calling Savannah "good girl" for a while), banana (nanna), lamby (mammy), gigi, papa, car (ca), color (ca-see where it gets a little confusing?), ming ming (mi mean), blue (boo), NO-his favorite word these days, night night (nigh nigh), hi, and bye. These are as many as I can think of at the moment. His vocabulary has just exploded recently!
  • He is taking a 2 hour nap each afternoon. Sometimes, if God decides to speak one of my love languages that day, Austin will sleep a little over 2 hours. It. Is. Wonderful.
  • He loves to be outside, which has been hard for me to do lately. You see, I suffer from some bad mountain cedar allergies and being outside this time of the year usually results in some serious sneezing and nose running.
  • He runs, literally runs, EVERYWHERE he goes.
  • He loves balloons, balls, and his lamby more than anything else.
  • He's kind of become a picky eater, which is something that gives my mom great pleasure seeing as how I was the definition of a picky eater when I was little.
  • He's an early riser just like his daddy. Therefore, I've learned to be a morning person.
That's just a small glimpse into what life is like these days with Austin. He keeps us on our toes for sure, and we just love spending time with him! I'll leave you with one of my favorite pictures of the 2 of us since I don't have any recent ones.

No comments: