Tuesday, September 29, 2009

in the words of the office, permission to speak on the record

Before I begin a new post allow me to share a few thoughts from the last one. First of all, Luke and I had a senior moment when it came to the proper spelling of height vs. heigth. For some reason, neither looked right to me and when he read it later he made this face like,
Ummm, that's unfortunate that you don't know how to spell that word for sure.
Thanks.
So my apologies if I didn't spell it right. Some days it's an accomplishment to remember how to spell my name correctly. You think I'm kidding but I'm not.
Ok. Now that that's out of the way, how's the week goin' for ya so far? Mine has been stupendous, thank you for asking. Last night was date night with my little man since Luke went to the Metallica concert. Oh! What's that? You can't picture him at a hard rock concert? Well, neither can I to be honest, but shocking as it may be, he actually enjoys that kind of music. Plus, whose going to pass up a free ticket to box seats in the AT&T Center. Not my husband! I offered to paint his face for the occasion but he declined. Weird, I know. He had a great time and I enjoyed a little quality TV time after my date went to bed. Unfortunately, since I was solely in charge of bed time, Austin did not get a bath. Come to think of it he hasn't had a bath since Saturday. GASP! I have nothing to say for myself other than that I find bending over a bathtub while trying to bathe a little person to be the most uncomfortable position in the history of the world. In addition, bathing Austin is a little like wrestling a greased pig. Or what I imagine that would be like. Needless to say, he will be getting a bath tonight whether I like it or not.
I also got my hair cut today. In fact, I decided to take a walk on the wild side and get a whole new 'do. I love it! I can't remember if I told Luke or not that I was getting my hairs cut today so he may get the shock of his life when he gets home. Ok, ok. It's not that drastic of a hair cut.
In other news, Britt and I are working on something pretty exciting. Or at least we think so. Hopefully, it will bring in a little extra money for our families and we'll have some fun in the process. As soon as things are a little further along, I'll fill you guys in on all the details. Try to contain your excitement. Until then, know that if I'm a little scarce around here it's not because I don't like y'all. I'm just trying to work on my Proverbs 31 woman traits. She's quite the one-upper if you hadn't noticed!
Alright, friends, since today is an MDO Day I'm gonna go get some stuff done before I pick up little A. Have a Happy Tuesday!

No comments: