Sunday, September 27, 2009

because saying stupid things really is a talent

Do you want to know something pathetic? Sometimes, when I feel the need to update you all on life at The Keiffer House, I will sit in front of my computer for embarrassing amounts of time trying to come up with the perfect beginning sentence. And now you're probably thinking,


She spent obscene amounts of time coming up with THAT sentence?!


Why yes. Yes I did. All I can say is that it feels good to be honest.


So, if you don't mind, just insert amazing intro sentence here.


Thank you so much.


And now, I give you the rundown of our weekend. We kicked it off with some burgers from Freddy's on Friday night. Some of you may remember that around our house we call them Crack Burgers. Because we strongly suspect that they are laced with crack cocaine. They are that addicting. We hadn't had Freddy's in a while and it was a gloooorious reunion. Saturday morning Luke and I actually woke up before Austin. I know. I should have checked to see if pigs were flying by outside our bedroom window. Around 8:00 I decided to go make sure he was still breathing. Now I'm not sure if I woke him up or not but he definitely popped his little head up when I walked in and asked me,


What happend?


Well, I don't know. Why don't you tell me. Did your Daddy give you a big 'ol dose of Benadryl last night before bed or what?


And since he was in such a good mood we decided to go on a family walk. Including Savannah who quite possibly gave us a run for our money in the out of shape department. I never thought I'd see the day when I had to drag her home instead of the other way around. We wore her out for sure! The rest of the day was spent hanging out, running errands, and going to dinner with some friends. Besides the quality family time, I would have to say that the highlight of my Saturday was when a lady passed us a note at dinner via our waitress to say that "your baby is so good." It's things like that that just warm a mother's heart because it's confirmation that you're not completely screwing up. Oh yeah. And that the whole restaurant doesn't hate you because you have that child. Don't lie. You know you've thought it whether you have kids or not. All in all it was a good Saturday.


Today we went to church and then had lunch at Wing Stop. If I want to speak Luke's Food Love Language then I suggest wings for lunch or dinner. I'm sure you can just imagine how thrilled he was when I said I wanted to go there for lunch today. It was during this meal that I reached an all time high for Stupidest Things To Ever Come Out of My Mouth. The conversation went a little something like this:


Me: How's Josh doing?


Luke: Good. He had to tape the basketball practice from the bird's nest the other day. He called Jared thinking he would get some support but I guess he didn't get what he was looking for.


Me: Really? I guess he expected some encouragement since Jared is afraid of heights.


Luke: Yeah, but apparently Jared didn't exactly deliver.


Me: You know, it's weird that Jared is afraid of heights because he's so tall!


And then I thought to myself,


Did you REALLY just say that? What does his heigth have to do with being afraid of actual heights?!


The answer to that is absolutely NOTHING! But that didn't stop me from trying to justify my response to a suddenly silent Luke.


Me: I mean, you would think that he wouldn't be afraid of heights since he's taller than everyone else and therefore is always looking down at us.


Luke: Still silent but obviously trying not to laugh.


I'm still not sure why I drew that conclusion and then thought it would be a good idea to share with the group. Clearly, the crack in Freddy's burgers takes a couple of days to affect your judgement. Lesson learned.


As hard as it is to believe, this wasn't the highlight of my Sunday. Try to contain your surprise. The best part of today was when I walked in the door after attending a baby shower and discovered that my wonderful husband had cleaned the downstairs. I felt a little like God must've felt when He looked at the world He'd created and said it was good. Except I would have added an extra word since I'm just that verbal.


It was VERY good.


Wanna know something else that's very good? Austin. In case you missed it, we're not the only ones who think so. Just ask the lady we saw at Stone Werks. Here he is with his "mickey hand," which is really just a big OU hand. I wouldn't neccesarily say that he's an Oklahoma fan, he just really likes it that his Uncle Josh taught him "Boomer! Sooner!" and we all respond when he says it. Because he's just so darn cute. Here he is in action:









Love it! Almost as much as I love him.


Happy Sunday, friends!

1 comment:

The McFarland Family said...

Austin is so adorable! And, I'm sitting here laughing because I can totally picture Luke's expression when you made the comment about Jared :)