Sunday, September 20, 2009

all about my boys

As many of you know, Luke led Sunday School for my Dad this morning. He did great!! One of my favorite things he said was that there are highs and lows in love and marriage. The important thing is to remember that you're on this ride together and committed to seeing things through no matter what! How true that is. We've had some amazing highs and some not so fun lows but Luke is the perfect compliment to me. There is no one else I'd rather ride through life with than him.


Now that was a good word. Hallelujah and Amen.


I'm so proud of the husband God gave me. You know what they say...we may not be perfect but we're perfect for each other.


I love you, Luke! You. Are. Wonderful.




Austin has been in rare form these days. I am constantly blown away by how smart he is. Don't get me wrong. I always knew he was a genius but he catches on to things that I didn't even know he was learning. For example, here's a little snapshot of a recent convo we had the other day.


Austin: What's that Mommy?

Me: Those are plants.

Austin: Ohhhh! Amaaazing!


I have no idea where he learned how to use that word. I can't say that Luke and I just walk around saying that over and over. Clearly, our son is "amaaaazing!" And clearly we will have to be even more vigilant about MINDING THE LITTLE EARS. The last thing I want him to do is say "Shoot!" if he drops something in Sunday school.


He's also really been into wearing his sunglasses lately. I love to look in the backseat and see him just chillin in his glasses. He loves them so much that he sometimes wears them into the actual store. I guess he just wants to be prepared for any papparazzi that might be waiting to snap his picture since he's kind of a big deal! But why would I bore you with all these details when I could just show you a picture instead:


You're welcome for providing that little ray of sunshine in your day.


It's no secret that everything Austin does is either cute, hilarious, sweet, or all of the above. However, he may have out done himself the other day when he was taking pictures with Grammy's camera. Despite the fact that it's digital, he would hold it up to his face and say "Cheese!" while pointing it at random objects like the lamp. Or my arm. Or his backpack. He was so excited about his new found talent that he would run over to Savannah and say,


Look, Sanny! Look!


It was the funniest thing I've witnessed in quite a while.


I'm so thankful for both of the boys in my life. They fill my days with laughter, excitement, and precious memories. I love them more than words can say!!








The End.

2 comments:

Laney said...

Boy, what an amaaaazing post!

Andrea said...

Sammy says shoot. In perfect context. Atleast its not crap!