Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Little Thing We Like To Call Crack Burgers and Other Addictions

I have a confession. I stayed in my pajamas ALL day yesterday. In fact, at about 5:30 I decided that it might be nice for Luke to come home to a wife in regular clothes. PLUS, my parents were bringing dinner over and I also thought it would be nice to look presentable. You know, since my house did not!

To my utter delight, they brought Freddy's burgers. Oh how we love Freddy's! Let me tell you why. Not long after Luke and I moved back to San Antonio, we decided to try this place that my family spoke so highly of. Big Mistake. We found ourselves eating their burgers more than we'd like to admit. And when we received a whole PAGE of coupons in the mail, you'd think we had just won the lottery. So addicted were we that we just left the page 'o coupons in my car because you just never know when you'll need a little pick me up in the form of a Freddy's burger. It's pretty safe to say that we were hooked. How could we not be?! Luckily, thanks to Luke, we figured out why we are so addicted. Are you ready for the reason?

These burgers are laced with cocaine, y'all.

I'm serious. They have to be otherwise we wouldn't feel like we needed at least ONE to make it through the week! For this reason, we now call these little pieces of Heaven crack burgers. Because that's exactly what they are. And they're addiciting. Not to mention, the perfect reward for forcing yourself to change out of your pajamas at the end of the day.

And while we're on the topic of addictions, let's talk about a few others I've developed over the last week and a half.

1) The Neti Pot (or as Luke calls it~ the Sinu Cleanse): I know. I said that I would never try it again since it had failed miserably to change my life. But friends, everyone deserves a second chance. This thing is amazing! So amazing, in fact, that we have used all the "salt" packets that came with it. If I make it to the store today I plan to pick up some refills so that the cleansing may continue. Like a family friend once said,

Flush us out, Lord. Just flush us out.

And He did. Hallelujah and Amen.

2) Kleenex: I'm not addicted to just any 'ol facial tissue. It has to be Puffs PLUS lotion. Everything else is just glorified sandpaper. And my nose would know at this point.

3) Books: I've always been a big reader but lately I've been out of control! In the last week I've read a total of four books. FOUR, people! Normally this wouldn't be that amazing, but the fact that I'm a MOM and a WIFE with responsibilities like, oh say, washing shirts for Luke to wear to work means that I probably should not have the extra time to read FOUR books in a week. And please don't say anything about the run-on sentence. Since I'm running out of money to support my habit, not to mention that my house looks like the plains of Oklahoma after a tornado has blown through, I've decided to ground myself from reading until I'm all caught up. Or until my order from Amazon is delivered. Whichever comes first.

Don't worry. I don't think I need a 12 step program or anything. I'm pretty sure these addictions are linked to the fact that I'm on the tail end of a chest cold, and therefore, have very little energy to do anything but cleanse and read.

Hope you all are having a fantastic week. I'll be posting some pictures from our weekend with the grandparents because I know you are waiting with baited breath to see how our trip to the zoo went. Until then, have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I hope that you feel better soon! It's tough keeping up with all of the household responsibilities when you are not feeling well, but your post gave me a good laugh.