Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Zoo & Other Happenings

Despite the fact that every citizen of San Antonio was at the zoo last weekend, it was a success. I haven't been there is SOO long. Austin was mesmerized at the beginning and then he quickly expressed his excitement by saying,

Wow!! Woooow!

I think his favorite thing was the fish tanks, especially since they were right on his level. We had a blast watching him take it all in. We finished the trip by taking him to the petting zoo. And by petting zoo, I mean a great big area with goats. He still had a good time. Here are some pictures from the day:

Austin was not thrilled about the family picture at the end. This is the best we got. Thanks, Austin!

Petting the goat. I just love these 2 and Luke was such a great dad...walking him around to pet as many goats as possible.


The fish.

Looking at the grizzly bear. He had some serious claws, y'all.


The close up of his face while watching the bear.

Oh yeah. While we were watching the bear, a couple of super smart kids were banging on the fence in an effort to get the bear to come closer. Apparently they have not seen all the news stories about harassed animals that decided to do something about the annoying visitors. It would also seem that they had a death wish. However, we did not so after a little look we headed off to see the monkeys. Stay smart, kids. Stay smart!

The next couple of pictures were taken last week. Before you go any further, I need to tell you about the book my mom got Austin for Christmas. It's a GINORMOUS book that says I love you, Grandma. She saw it long before the Christmas season began and because she likes to be a one upper sometimes she bought it for him. All kidding aside, it is HILARIOUS to see little A carrying this book around. I should also admit that if I were a grandma I would have bought this book as well. So here they are in all their huge book glory:


And here are just a couple a cute pictures I took of our little man this week. He is very attached to his stuffed animals these days and loves to give them hugs. It is precious!



Love his face in the last one. I apologize that these are not the best pictures I've ever taken. Taking his picture is like trying to wrestle a greased pig sometimes.
And now I must go because Austin has decided that he needs my FULL and undivided attention. Have a great Sunday!







No comments: