Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just Some Random News For You On This Thursday

Hello, friends! I hope you all are having an excellent Thursday. I finally feel like things are returning to normal around here. Yesterday I got a ton of laundry done and even cleaned the kitchen. But the BEST part of the day was that Austin took a good nap. He even fell asleep while I read him a book and didn't cry one bit when I put him in his crib. HALLELUJAH! Welcome back, naptime. We missed you!

In other news, I read about this amazing little gadget that helps you figure out a pattern in your newborn's life. I know. I'm way ahead of myself, but in case you couldn't tell, I'm a planner. Sometimes I think it's a sickness. So don't judge. Still, since I didn't get to really plan ahead for Austin, I'm looking forward to enjoying that aspect for the next one. I want to savor every moment since Luke is adamant about only having 2 little people in our family.

Remember when I said that trying to get Austin's picture was like trying to nail jello to a tree? Well, here's even more proof. On Tuesday afternoon I decided to put on a little outfit that Britt had given him since it was a warm day. I wanted to get a picture to send to her since I'm not sure he'll be able to wear it much due to some thunder thighs he's got goin' on. Here's a little glimpse into how that went:

Austin, turn around so I can take your picture.

No really. I was serious. Come back here and turn around.

Attempt #1. And while we're talking about this hilarious picture let me share with you what I love about it.
1) There's never a bad time to brush your teeth
2) It looks like he inherited my Granny's eyes closed approach when having his picture taken.

Attempt #2. This one will have to do. Mid stride is better than nothing!
Finally, I had to get a picture of a totally rockin' pair of new plaid shorts. (Wow. That's a lot of descriptive words for the shorts. I hope they live up to such high expectations!) We decided to call them the "Jon shorts" since my brother-in-law can pull off a pair of plaid shorts like nobody's business! I hope Austin can make his uncle proud when he wears them this summer. Without further ado, here they are in all their plaid glory!

Ok, I gotta go. The parental unit is coming over for lunch today. I also have some crafty stuff to do this afternoon PLUS an abundance of phone calls to make. Y'all have a lovely day.

No comments: