Friday, February 20, 2009

A Fabulous Friday

There's a lot going on at the Keiffer house. First of all, we replaced our NASTY old carpet. And boy does it smell better in here already. In fact, I'm feeling slightly high on the new carpet smell.

And speaking of high, Austin got tubes put in his ears today. My sisters and I like to say that he's goin' tubin. But anyway. We took him to the hospital at our very favorite hour of 6:30. Remember the time that I said no one should know existed? Well, it existed for me today. Hello, 5:00. Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate you with every fiber of my being.

The good news is that I had clean hair and fresh make-up for our hospital visit. Which was good. You know, just in case someone wanted to take our picture with the cutest little boy EVER! Everyone was so nice and made sure we knew exactly what was going to happen. Austin got to wear this fabulous little purple gown. Work. It. Austin. No one is safe from the lovely hospital gowns that tie in the back. Right before they took him back, they gave him the equivilent of a baby margarita. He was riding high, my friends. Riding high. They also let him play with the anesthesia mask and he was quick to put it on his lamby's face. In the words of Britt,

You're goin' down with me lamby!

Apparently where we go one, we go all! He did so great, which was a huge relief to me. In fact, we were home by 9:00, and even though he's walking like a drunk, Austin is in a great mood.

In other news, we said goodbye to Grammy this morning. Well actually, last night because no one should have to get up at 5:00 if they don't have to! It was so great to have her here and I know Austin will miss his Grammy ALOT! While she was visiting, Austin got to try some butterscotch pudding with whip cream. He. Was. A. Fan!

Mmmmm. So good mommy!

I love it. I love it. I love it!
Also, Austin has developed a fascination with stickers. Or more accurately, anything with adhesive on the back. Here's proof:

What's that, mom? You want to know what's on the front of my overalls?

Oh, just this little "security device enclosed" sticker.

Lookin' good, little man. Lookin' good.

This weekend is my Granny's birthday bash and I'm really looking forward to celebrating with some of our family. We always have a great time together. Not to mention the amazing food that's served. I hope you guys have some fun things planned for this weekend too.

Have a great Friday!!

No comments: