Monday, May 5, 2008

Changes and Transitions

Well, it's been quite awhile since I've updated this page. So much has happend the last month and a half. First of all, Austin is growing like a weed. People always tell me, "Gosh, he's a big little guy." To which I reply, "Yes, he's a good eater." I try not to get offended and I know they don't mean it in a rude way. Needless to say, I think he's the cutest ever and such a sweet baby. I feel like time has already gone so fast. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing him home from the hospital and he barely weighed 7 pounds. Now he is giving my arm muscles quite a workout and it won't be long before they look toned. :) Not only that but I'm washing the next size of clothes he can wear now. It makes me kind of sad that he doesn't wear the really tiny onesies and feet pajamas. But it's a sign that he's healthy and continuing to grow. I have to remember that the older he gets the more fun it will be to watch him change and discover new things.

He is smiling alot! I can tell that he recognizes me and Luke and it's just the best feeling to see him smile at us because he knows who we are and loves us too. He's also discovered his voice and likes to use what we will call his "outside voice" once he knows what we're talking about. We're still working on the shape of his head, but I think we're making good progress. He also still tends to scratch himself alot so every once and a while we put on his "boxing gloves" so people don't think we're bad parents by all the scratches on his face. As far as his looks, I cannot get over how much he resembles my dad in his face. His fingers and toes are definitely Luke's fingers and toes. He doesn't take super long naps so I'd say he's like his dad in that respect. However, he does seem to take cat naps often and already sleeps pretty late, which are definitely qualities that belong to me. One thing is for sure, he is the best combination of Luke and I and we couldn't ask for a better son.

In other news, Luke and I just found out that we will be moving to San Antonio at the beginning of next month. He will be working for AT&T starting November 12th. We are so excited to be closer to our families again, especially now that we have Austin. However, I am sad to leave all of our friends and family here in Tulsa. I have also loved living here in Owasso and will miss our first house. Since we got to pick out most of the interior features, I feel like it has the Keiffer stamp on it. I keep telling myself that God has allowed everything to fall into place so far and He has the perfect house in San Antonio already picked out. On that note, I am praying that our house will sell before we leave and that we will get the most we can out of our investment. I am also praying that the leaves will change before we leave but obviously the first prayer request is a little more important. All in all, we are super busy these days trying to sell our house, pack and say goodbye to everyone we love here in Tulsa. We would really appreciate all of your prayers in the next few months.

Now that I've written a novel, I'll close with this. It's no surprise that the appeal to this website is seeing pictures of the littlest Keiffer so I will not disappoint since it's been a while since I've posted anything. We'll keep you posted on the big move and of course Austin. :)

One of my favorite outfits: his t-shirt and basketball shorts:


We like to talk to each other:


My two favorite people:

Our perfect little family:

No comments: