Tuesday, July 21, 2009

a random update...emphasis on the random

Well. It's still hotter than blazes here in San Antonio, and all the deoderant in the world can't help us now. Here's hoping that we'll feel a little relief by Christmas. I've quit watching the "snooze" because it's just depressing to see that many 100s in a row unless I'm seeing them in the form of dollars.


But that has yet to happen. Go figure.


I've started blaming this weather for my lack of motivation when it comes to important things like giving myself a pedicure and posting pictures on my blog in a less than timely manner. But you know what they say...


Better late than never.


You might think that these pictures have been worth the wait, but unfortunately, you would be wrong. Really, I just wanted to post these because they are of some of our favorite people. Lucky for you, I've kept the pics to a minimum.


Aaaand here they are:



Luke and I at Matt's Rehearsal Dinner



The boys...minus Matt. He was a little busy...weird, I know ;)



Brad and Jenny. Austin's adopted Aunt and Uncle in Tulsa :)



Luke and I with our friend Dan.


We love these people because we do alot of the following with them:



We were named the "Wild Table" at the Rehearsal Dinner due to the amount of laughter and noise we made. We saw alot more of our favorite friends that weekend but I only took pictures at the Rehearsal. Also, I was unable to get a picture with the groom because, well, he was the groom and they tend to have lots going on during their Wedding Weekend.

In other news, we had a blast at the lake last weekend! Austin celebrated the big 2, and in honor of his special day, my brother-in-law Josh taught Austin "Boomer! Sooner!" He was happily yelling this with his uncle while wearing the Baylor shirt his Aunt Claire gave him.


Talk about a picture of confusion.


It was a great day filled with fun phone calls, balloons, and no naps! That's right. We soaked in the ENTIRE day with our little man who was asleep by 8 that night. We marveled at how fast time is going while I reminisced that 2 years ago I was well on my way to shingles.


Now there's a mood killer for ya!


I have some pictures that I'll probably post sometime around Thanksgiving.


Oh I kid, because I'm a kidder...


But really, we felt so very blessed to celebrate one of God's biggest blessings in our lives! We can't wait to see what this next year holds for our Austin! :) I certainly hope that it includes cooler temperatures because I can only endure so much sweat for so long.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

You had the shingles around the time when you had Austin?!?!?! OUCH.....

Claire Bauerlein said...

i would LOVE to see the pictures of his baylor shirt.... i guess i'll just have to wait until november...
i kid too. ;)