Wednesday, July 8, 2009

i can't be held responsible for all the rambling when i've been up since 5:45

Today is a Mother's Day Out day, which means that this post will be rather short {no, really} with no pictures.
Right now I am listening to some sort of whistling somewhere in my house...or outside. I can't tell. And by whistling, I mean the "when-I-get-all-steamed-up-hear-me-shout" tea kettle kind. It really is such a pleasure, especially since I'm a little paranoid about our air conditioner breaking. This means that any suspicious noise could be reason enough to call The Beyer Boys. Wait. Are they the ones that fix air conditioners? All I know is that Aramendia {or some such nonsense like that} does plumbing. I know this because on a scale from 1 to 10 their commercials are pretty dorky. PLUS, it grosses me out just thinking about the kind of things you would need to call plumbing professionals for.
But that's not important right now.
What is important is the fact that I was watching the news {or snooze, as Luke calls it} this morning and over the next several or 200 days we will be enjoying temperatures in the 100s. At the end of this really great segment, Mike Osterhage informed all of us that some people love the south Texas heat. In fact, some even go so far as to roll down their windows in an effort to feel the full effect of the 200% humidity and overall hotness.
Who ARE these people?!
The only people I see driving with their windows down are the unfortunate ones with a broken air conditioner. It's quite obvious by the scowl on their face. But even with a working AC and the wearing of many skirts and sundresses, it's a stifling heat. I absolutely hate it when even my legs start to sweat. It makes me cranky since I'm hot and can't take off any more clothing. Don't judge because you know it happens to you too!
Like I've said to a few people, this weather makes me thankful for my salvation.
Hallelujah and Amen.
And finally, is anyone else ready for the media to TAKE A BREAK WITH ALL THE MICHAEL JACKSON COVERAGE ALREADY?!
Don't get me wrong. It is a very sad situation since I am not sure that he was a Christian. However. I would like to spend a little time with my good friends on Good Morning America without talking about how much his face changed over the years or whether or not Debbie Rowe will attend the funeral. Poor Farrah Fawcet. He totally stole her thunder. I guess if she had thought to start trends like the single white glove and moonwalk people would have paid to come to her funeral too.
I'm just sayin'...
Nevertheless, he was a very talented musician and I really feel sorry for his kids. So now that I've stepped down off my soapbox I feel that this would be a good time to committ to praying for his family.
And now, I'm off to do a little more cleaning followed by an episode of Ice Road Truckers. Because it's hot, y'all, and I don't do sweat unless I know I'm burning some serious calories.
Thank you and good day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

phoenix is supposed to see a high of 116 both today and tomorrow. it hasn't been lower than 104 in a month! and when the sun goes down? STILL above 100. i feel your pain!

The McFarland Family said...

I just posted on my blog about Michael Jackson too. Yours was much more Christ-like though. Thanks for making me feel bad ;)