Thursday, June 4, 2009

i dedicate this post to mr. cranky pants

Well Luke's trade days are over. It's a sad sad day at the Keiffer house...for Austin, especially. Whenever Luke's home he is a DADDY'S boy. Sometimes you just need a new face, ya know? I get it. I too get a little bored with myself every once in a while. We definitely enjoyed having our Luke home and are already looking forward to the weekend! YAY!!


So. About my title today. Can I just tell you that Austin was the definition of cranky yesterday?It was one of those days that makes a mom seriously consider checking herself into Laurel Ridge because all that craziness has got to be better than a whining, crying, temper tantrum throwing one year old. Also. He only wanted Luke. I'm not gonna lie, I was secretly thrilled because I didn't have the wherewithall to deal with all the craziness of the crankiness. Plus, I didn't think punching myself in the face would help matters much so...


But guess what Luke told me last night while we were laying in bed getting ready to go to sleep? He said, and I quote,


I really had fun with Austin today.


Say what?! At first I wondered if he spent the day with another little boy named Austin. Then I wanted to know what he'd been smoking throughout the day that made The Cranky Day of '09 fun.


Because I would like to stock up on some of that memory altering goodness. And also, I feel like we could sell it and make a killing.


But Luke doesn't smoke so eventually I realized that wasn't it.


That left me with only one other conclusion. He really and truly enjoyed the day with his son who adores him. And that, my friends, is why God invented trade days and put Luke in a job that implements them. So I replied,


Really? I'm so glad.


And I was. Because even though we were still Team Aimee & Luke yesterday I needed more of a break than he did. And so, I didn't have to feel guilty anymore for coming up with all sorts of odd jobs around the house that just had to get done or else the world would stop turning. Don't try to deny it. You know you've done it too. Desperate times call for desperate measures.


Don't worry, though. Today my little joyful Austin is back and what a happy day it is!

No comments: