Thursday, June 11, 2009

a couple of quick things

Just a few quick things that are going on this morning.
  • My son has covered his face in "banana smashings." All I have to say about that right now is no one sent me the memo that this is the new face mask. And AS IF his skin could get any softer. He doesn't even suffer from poorly timed breakouts, which is more than I can say for myself right now. Cystic Adult Acne, it exists and it's taken up residence on my forehead.
  • Claire burned me a copy of Sara Bareilles' CD "Little Voice." I LOVE IT!! So thank you, Claire, for the musical entertainment that has filled our house and car lately.
  • Here are a couple of blogs that I've been stalking recently. They have some great ideas for thrifty decorating and sewing, which I would like to learn to do in the near future. And yes, I'm talking about both. You know, in my spare time when I'm not wiping banana masks off of my son's face. But I was talking about blogs... http://lindseycheney.blogspot.com/ & http://raechelmyers.blogspot.com/
  • I woke up at 5:00 this morning. Remember when I said that no one should know that hour exists? Well, apparently God wanted to remind me that He DID, in fact, create that hour. Message received.
  • I've really been into watermelon lately. For a long time I only liked the smell of it since it reminded me of summer. Turns out the taste is pretty good too. I would encourage you to partake in this delicious melon. You won't be sorry. But be sure to get the seedless kind because nothing kills a romantic mood with your husband like a few seeds stuck in your teeth. I wouldn't know of course because I practice what I preach. :)
  • Speaking of watermelon, I desperately need to go to the grocery store today. I'm not really looking forward to it but sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do. I would also put cleaning bathrooms in this category.
  • My new camera shipped yesterday!! I sure hope it gets here before our Tulsa trip.

Well, friends, Austin's getting cranky. Guess it's his way of telling me time's up on the face mask. Joy.

The. End.

No comments: