Monday, November 17, 2008

It's A Wonderful Life

Well, another week is here. And, as I expected, I was not ready for Monday. In fact, when I woke up this morning to the sound of my husband taking a shower, I was just SURE it was Friday. It wasn't until I realized that I did not watch Grey's Anatomy the night before that I remembered it was indeed Monday. Still, I am excited to begin a new week.

But we can't start a new week without discussing the weekend first! Friday night was super fun since we ended up at Freddy's with my parents for dinner. Saturday was Brittany's birthday...the big two four (not the big two two!) However, she and Jon were up in Dallas visiting DTS so we were not able to celebrate with her on the actual DAY OF her birthday. Instead, Luke, Austin and I headed to Jason's Deli for some lunch. He got the salad bar and I got a sandwich. Everything was going smoothly until I tried to steal a couple of bites of his strawberry shortcake and banana pudding. Luke was quick to remind me that his all-you-can eat salad bar was not my all-you-can steal dessert! He is SUCH a rule follower! ;) Afterwards, we were off to Target to check out some prices on Christmas gifts for little A. I could not resist a quick picture of the little man after lunch. Notice how chill he looks underneath that cute hood!

As soon as I turned around to take his picture he got this little smirk on his face. So cute! In case you can't tell by the munchkin's attire, it was pretty cold on Saturday AND the wind was blowing. "It's beginning to look alot like Christmas..." We had a great time at Target and I think Luke and I have some good ideas for gifts to make this Christmas extra special for our son. Here's a little sneak peek at one of the things we looked at. Remember how he seems to love kitties (or ninnies as he calls them) lately?

Imagine his excitement to discover a kitty toy that makes noise?! "Silent Night" will not be the theme song for our Christmases for quite a while I think! It was such a fun day of window shopping. Even Austin didn't mind the chilly conditions. Of course, I wouldn't either if I got carried and pushed around all afternoon!

On Sunday, my family (sans Luke and Austin) and I drove up to College Station to surprise Britt for her birthday. We had a blast and she was VERY surprised! Actually she was speechless, which is not a common occurence with her. :) We went to church with the newlyweds and then took them out to a celebratory lunch. We also got to see their little duplex, which was adorable! It was a great day and I really enjoyed visiting with them. Here are the sisters...together again!

We got back to SA just in time to meet Luke and Austin for some wings. I was still very full from my delicious lunch so I decided to try their caesar salad instead and it was amazing! We all headed home after that and I tried to capture the cuteness of Austin walking out with his Gigi and Aunt Claire but he's a little quicker these days when he walks. Sorry. The picture is sort of blurry!

Aaaand, what day would be complete without a picture with your silly aunt?! These 2 make me laugh and I sure am glad I got to spend some time with both of them yesterday. :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Sam has that kitty piano...if you don't turn it off it will go like 10 min. before it purrs and then meows. Very strange. Lots of love.