Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Today is my dad's birthday! To celebrate, Austin and I took him some coffee from Starbucks this morning. This year, he's asked for the gift of time for his birthday. And when he says "time" what he really means is as much help cleaning out the garage as he can get. I plan on trying to get over there to help some but am definitely going to plan on giving the gift of food that day. Lunch is on me, guys! :)
There are so many things I love about my dad. He has a great sense of humor. I guess you kind of have to when God gives you 3 girls and 0 boys! But sometimes his humor can get him in trouble. The time that he asked Brittany if she had changed religions when he noticed a small blemish in the middle of her forhead comes to mind. And then there was the time that he informed me that once Austin was born, I would have to cut down on my ice cream consumption. In fact, he even went so far as to say that if I wanted any ice cream at all I should probably just walk to Maggie Moos. If anyone else had said that to me, I probably would've been offended, but I know my dad was just teasing...I think. ;)
But the thing I love the most about my dad is that he has always set a Godly example for me and my sisters. Growing up, he used to take us out on "daddy/daughter dates," and he never missed an opportunity to support us in whatever activity we were a part of. But most importantly, he made sure that our family was involved in church and leading lives that were honoring to the Lord. It is such a blessing to me to know that Austin has a father AND grandfather to help him become the man God wants him to be.
Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!!

No comments: