Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Glimpse Into Our Present and My Past

Today is a cold, gray Saturday and I am loving it! In fact, it's the perfect kind of day to snuggle under my down comforter and catch up on a little blog writing. I am also loving this month since things have slowed down considerably. I guess it's just a chance to catch my breath before all the Christmas madness hits. Lately, my family and I have gotten to relax together after dinner but before we put the little man to bed. This usually entails watching The Backyardigans or Wonder Pets with Austin. Don't be jealous. You know you wish you could settle down on the couch for a little Noggin after dinner! Anyways, the other night I captured this cute picture of my boys watching tv together. So sweet.

I love how Austin is holding his shoes. You know, just in case he decides to put them on and go somewhere. ;) I am also loving the sight of Austin and Savannah playing together these days. I cannot say enough how good she is with him. And patient. She is definitely patient! Just this morning I came around the corner to check on both of them and was greeted by the sight of Austin giving Savannah kisses. And she was just sitting calmly by the stairs while Austin loved on her.
I've been fortunate enough to get a few pictures of the 2 of them together and I just might have taken one of my favorites yesterday. I was trying to get some laundry done while cleaning our room at the same time. Austin was doing everything he could to make my job a little harder and Savannah was just trying to get in the way. Sounds fun, right?! At some point, Austin found his snack container of cheerios. In the midst of the folding and cleaning, I looked down and saw this precious sight:

I guess Austin thought Savannah looked like she could use a few cheerios herself. He's always been good at sharing with his older sister. :) It wasn't long before he got distracted and was off to the next activity, but it's obvious that he trusts Savannah more than I do. I must've missed the conversation between the 2 of them about Savannah watching his snacks while he went to play with some of his toys.

If that's not a picture of resisting temptation then I don't know what is. I sure do love our Savannah and I love that it won't be long before she can wear out my son! (Not that he won't do the same to her) Until then, you can find me in our living room playing "little people" and "ball/gall" :)
So remember when I said I was doing laundry and trying to clean our room? Well, here's a look at what a sad state our room was in:

YIKES! I still have some work to do but at least I got a good amount of it cleaned in the middle of Austin pulling out his daddy's shoes and putting them in the laundry basket. Jesus. Take. The. Wheel!
Finally, the activity of the weekend is the "Big Cleanout of '08" going on right now in my parents' garage! And let me tell you. They have found some gems in that garage of theirs. Treasures I hoped would stayed buried! Like the glamour shots taken of me before braces. Or this little pin my parents wore when I was a cheerleader.

Good thing they found it so Austin can wear it and think of his dorky mommy! Here's a close up:

Wow. The good news is that not everything found today was embarrassing to one or more of the Bauerlein/Keiffer/Yeager girls. Take, for example, this little big bird driver.

When I see this little guy, I picture Brittany in the backseat "driving" and doing everything my mom was doing. She took this with her everywhere. I'm not kidding. She was probably 5 before she moved on to another favorite toy. Although it's worn from years of play, I can't wait for Austin to experice the same fun we had with our big bird driver. And speaking of Brittany, we found some plastic plates that she and I made in preschool. Apparently she used to think her name was spelled "bittany." That gave us all a pretty good laugh.
My parents also found 2 little rocking chairs that used to belong to Brittany and me. Luke is bringing mine home for Austin to use here at our house. However, he was able to try out Brittany's while we waited for the guys to get back for lunch.

Two words. So. cute. I think Austin is going to love his new chair. How could he not love something that's just his size?!
We headed home after lunch and I got the chance to redo the walking picture that didn't quite turn out the other night. Here are Austin and his Gigi:

I'm not gonna lie. One of my favorite things to do is to take a trip down memory lane. It was a treat to look back at how things used to be and feel blessed once again that God has continued to give me such a wonderful life with my family! Happy Saturday, y'all!

No comments: