Friday, November 14, 2008

A Fabulous Friday

Hi Friends! Today is Friday. If that doesn't bring a smile to your face then I don't know what will. I used to think (back in the day when I was still working outside the home) that I wouldn't love Fridays so much when I got to stay home every other day of the week. I just figured weekends wouldn't be as exciting since every weekday would be like the weekend. Boy was I wrong! I look forward to weekends almost as much as I used to...maybe more now that I think about it. It is so wonderful to spend some extra time with Luke and have some help with little A.

Today started off with a bang as Austin woke up extra early to wish Luke and I a Happy Friday. How early you ask. Early. 4:00 in the am to be exact. As an added bonus he decided to cry off and on until 5. About 4:15 I was wishing the monitor was turned down just a little bit more but was trying to hold onto the small bit of tiredness I had left so I could get some extra sleep once Austin quit crying. Ahhh the joys of parenthood. Once up and dressed, we were off to MOPS. Austin has just started crying again when we leave him but does fine once we're gone. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. He did great just in case you were wondering.

Lunch was next on the agenda and, let me just say, it did not go well. Apparently cheese ravioli was not on Austin's menu, but I would not let him win. You see, he's just decided to be picky these days and, if it was up to him, he would eat cheerios and goldfish ONLY. Tough luck, kid. We all had to do our time with vegetables and other food we'd rather not eat. You're no different.

Sidenote: I just looked up to see Austin pulling ALL his wipes out of the wipe box. Sweet. Here's what I'm thinking right now..."When will your father be home?!?" The pile 'o wipes is now in a wad and sealed up in a ziploc bag. TGIF! Also, as he was toddling by, I caught a wiff of the 'ol diaper. How is it that I just changed a dirty one not 15 minutes ago and he already has another one?! A big happy Friday goes out to Luke who will be changing that bad boy in T minus 5 minutes.

But anyways, back to the ravioli. After much protest, I took off the tomato sauce covered clothes (yes, that's how well it went) and took him up for his nap. Now before you start thinking I'm a bad parent for not feeding him lunch before naptime you should know a couple of things.

1) This advice comes from my mother who dealt with a picky eater (me) but decided to do things differently with the second (my sister). The second try went much better than the first. AND
2) I'm pretty sure he had a snack of cheerios and a little applesauce before I picked him up and took him home.

When he was hungry after his nap guess what he got to eat? Yep. Surprise, Austin! The cheese ravioli is back! He acted very disgusted at first but some animal sounds did the trick. One of the perks of motherhood is that you get to make a fool of yourself when you least expect it. It's nice to know that the humbling does not stop at childbirth. Since the delish afternoon snack, the little man has been up and down as far as crankiness goes.

Despite the high maintenance day, I still throughly enjoy being Austin's mom. It's trying at times, but he really is such a joy. In fact, his newest thing is calling kitties "ninny." It's adorable. Everytime he sees one he yells, "NINNY!"

On more of a sad note, I found out this morning that the son of some of our family friends died in a tragic car accident. I would really appreciate your prayers for their family. The funeral will be on Monday. I cannot even imagine losing a loved one that way.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your families. :) I sure am looking forward to some fun stuff with my family. And I'm sure I'll be pretty sad that the weekend is over come Monday. It will be just like old times!

No comments: