Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Random News and Thoughts

It's a happy day here at our house. Austin is feeling MUCH better and it sure is good to have our joyful little man back. :) I definitely missed this face:

Since he was feeling so much better I decided to venture out and run some errands. We stopped at Target first to look for a Pilates/Yoga DVD. Ummm, I could not find one anywhere in the store. In fact, I couldn't find ANY fitness DVDs. I don't know. Maybe I'm just blind but I even went to the super Target. HOWEVER, we did find some crayons for Austin. I know he's still a little young, but I was desperate for something besides food to keep him busy in his highchair while I fix dinner or do a couple of things around the house. We tried them out today and he loved them. I taped some paper to his highchair tray and let him at it! Here is our little Picaso in action:


Sorry the picture is a little dark. The other thing that I'm super excited about is the cooler weather we're enjoying here in south Texas! I know I've said this before but I just LOVE fall. While picking up a few things at HEB yesterday, a cinnamon scented candle just happend to find its way into my cart. What can I say?! It was only $4.99 and everyone knows I can't resist a candle that smells like fall.

Ok, and one more random thing before I sign off. It's no secret that I enjoy a clean, fresh smelling house. In addition, I am always on the lookout for things that will keep my house cleaner longer. So imagine my excitement when I discovered those little things you clip onto your toilet that cleans the bowl EVERY time you flush! I know what you're thinking.

That is the most ridiculous thing to get excited about.

But let me just give you a little background on the state of our toilets when we moved into this house. GROSS and stained and dirty. I felt like I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and a few days later the stains were back. So my mom recommended getting something that would clean it every time it was used and it has changed my LIFE!! And as if it wasn't embarrassing enough that I'm rambling about a toilet cleaner, I have to tell you about the new scent I got. It's by Lysol and it's something tangerine. It makes my whole bathroom smell fresh and clean. And that makes me happy every time I walk into the little room that houses my toilet. :)

Well, the laundry needs to be folded, the kitchen cleaned, and the floor vaccuumed so I better hop off of here. Don't be jealous of the glamorous life I lead! ;)

No comments: