Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life Is A Highway...

...and, as usual, I don't think we're going the speed limit! Seriously, things have been crazy lately. I wonder how hard God laughed at me when I thought to myself, "Once the wedding's over things will really calm down." At least our lives have been packed full of fun stuff.

As soon as we got back from the lake, I immediately started getting ready for MOPS to start. Since I'm leading a table this year, I had some meetings and other things to attend. Not long after we moved back to San Antonio someone invited me to the MOPS at CBC. I'm not gonna lie. I wasn't too sure about this MOPS thing. First off, I wasn't too crazy about the name. And second, I had this picture in my mind of older, conservative women wearing prairie dresses and breastfeeding their children the entire time. Thank goodness I was wrong! My first day was so fun and it was GREAT to spend some time with other moms while Austin played with kids his age. Needless to say, I was honored when one of the other moms asked me to think about being a discussion group leader for the next year. So here I am. Who knew I'd be involved in an organization I didn't think I'd ever join. And the best part is I haven't seen one woman wearing a long skirt or prairie dress.

Since all of that was off to such a great start, it's only fitting that my boys would start falling apart before my very eyes. After a productive morning of yardwork, Luke realized that somewhere along the way he hurt his back again. Please allow me to paint you a mental picture of the way Luke has spent his Sunday and Monday evening...hobbling around the house with his ice pack sticking out of the back of his sweat pants. Three words~ work. it. luke.

Monday afternoon Austin started running a fever and was pretty cranky. So Tuesday morning we were off to the doctor's office where we were told it was probably a virus that would have to run it's course. Yuck! Just call me Nurse Aimee and here's hoping I stay healthy and in one piece. Speaking of these 2 troublemakers, here's a quick picture Luke took of him and Austin. Ok, he was actually just taking it of Austin, but got a little of himself in there too.

Aaaaand, here is the sight that greeted me one day last week:

I guess he was just trying to decide which movie he wanted to watch. So many choices, so little time.

Finally, our little man got his first haircut from his daddy. Right before the wedding, Luke and his dad attempted to trim his hair so as to avoid the mullet look in the wedding pictures. However, Luke decided he would try his trimmers this time, especially since Austin needed a full out hair cut. While I still think he is the cutest, I'm a little sad at how much it made him look like a little boy and less like a baby! Here is the result. A front and back view:

I feel like life continues to speed by, but one of the things that Beth said at her conference was that "time comes." If you notice in the Bible it always says, "And the time came..." So here I sit, thinking about how true that is. Our God holds the moments that make up our lives and only He determines when they come. How thankful I am that He has chosen to give me such a full, blessed life! And when I think of all the moments that have yet to come, I can't help but get excited about what God has in store.

No comments: