Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks for a Wonderful Day

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in the heavenly realms
with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
Ephesians 1:3

Well, Thanksgiving at the Keiffer house was a success! Thanks to the potluck theme and my helpful husband, we were able to pull off a fabulous day of fun and memory making. After lunch the girls (except Granny) headed over to the park with Austin. It's so much more fun to take him there now that he can walk and really play! Despite the fact that my camera decided to be difficult, I was able to get some really cute pictures.


Cuties: Round 1


Cuties: Round 2


The turtles were a hit!


This picture totally captures the essence of their relationship. Aunt B is a wonderful entertainer. :)


Back to normal swinging


Love Claire's face as Austin tries to make his big escape


Love Claire's face again...so expressive!


Just discovered the dirt...

...and now he's throwing it

Quality time with Aunt B

The newlyweds also known as The Yeagers :)

Lovin' the pumkin pie

Don't be fooled. Luke was not decorating the tree with us. Austin, however, was mesmerized by the tree and was more than happy to play with the ornaments!

A close up

Smelling the fake tree

Such a fun day with family. We even went around the table and said one thing we were thankful for this year. The only rule was that it had to be from this year. I chose something that has been on my heart alot lately. I am always thankful for the family God blessed me with growing up. They have a special place in my heart, and there is no one like them. But I am so thankful for the family that God has given me in my in-laws, which is not something everyone can say. God blessed me in abundance when he chose Luke's family to become my family. From grandparents to aunts and uncles, I feel priviledged to be considered one of them. And of course, Luke's parents and brothers have become such an important part of my life and the memories Luke and I make. What's even more wonderful is that I know Luke feels the same about my family. I mean who wouldn't?! That said, I am so excited to see who God continues to add to both of my families. So far I have a wonderful sister-in-law and a great brother-in-law. It is amazing to see how perfect each one is for the other, and how they add something special to our families. But more importantly, I am so blessed to say that all of these people encourage me in my walk with the Lord. They have a passion for Jesus that is inspiring and uplifting. I love to see what God is doing in their lives and hear each of them give Him the glory for the blessings and challenges. As Luke and I continue to raise Austin and the next little one that comes along eventually, I hope that we can be the kind of family we feel so blessed to be a part of. I hope our lives are just as honoring to the Lord. So while some dread the holidays and spending time with family, I count the days and savor every moment with them, because they are that wonderful!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I am glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving! Have a blessed week!