Wednesday, October 7, 2009

a little of this and a little of that

Ok, first of all I need to thank all of you for reading my blog. I've had a few people tell me how much they enjoy reading about our daily activities, and I've got to be honest, it always blows me away. I'm so honored that you would take time out of your day to "catch up" with us. So thanks again for being such a blessing in your compliments. I hope I can be the same to all of you. :)


Yesterday, while Austin was at MDO, I ran a plethora of errands. The first stop was Hobby Lobby- or my home away from home these days. That place is amaaaazing as Austin would say. And it was so nice to just wander down the aisles all by myself even though Austin is always good when we go there. I also ran into Home Goods while I was over that way. Can I just say something? I LOVE that place. As I walked the store I was overcome with a feeling of deep appreciation for their goods and prices. Unfortunately I didn't find what I was looking for but that's ok because I had fun just looking around.


Today we went to story time at Barnes and Noble. It was awesome except for the fact that they read some books about Halloween. I'm sure Austin was like,


What the heck is all this talk about witches, mummies and bats about?


We celebrate fall in the Keiffer house because I hate Halloween. I'm sorry to all of you people that love it. I just think all the decorations are tacky, and I can't say that I'm a fan of stuff like spells and creepy monster stuff. I prefer to stick to stories about vampires falling in love with mere mortals.


I won't judge you if you won't judge me.


However, we are having a Little People Costume Party at our house this year. And yes, you have to capitalize that because it's the very creative title for the most awesome party of the year. Austin is going to be Old MacDonald. Thank you, Michelle, for making Luke love me more by providing us with a free costume. I'll be sure to take a picture and post it on here. Just know this. It entails overalls with animals velcroed all over them.


You're welcome for that hilarious mental picture.


After lunch we headed upstairs to read Goodnight Moon. Love that book! Austin's favorite part is the cow jumping over the moon. And now I'm sitting on the couch soaking in the peace and quiet before I start some serious cleaning. Speaking of that, I better quit procrastinating so I can make some good progress before the little man wakes up.


Oh! One last thing. I promise to post some pictures soon. And by soon, I mean before October is over.


Oh I kid because I'm a kidder! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for having such an amaaazing blog!

Kim said...

Aimee, I don't post often but I do read your blog all the time. You have a gift for writing. You make me chuckle more often than not.

Sarah Moore said...

I, too, hardly ever post (and I definitely don't keep up with my own blog, despite my efforts!), but I definitely read your blog - I agree with Kim when she says you have a gift for writing :)

I wanted to suggest that you get your blog printed and bound, because one day, your little one(s) will probably love it as much as we do - it shows so much of your personality, and that would be such an incredible gift to your children one day!

A friend of mine had hers printed - it is BEAUTIFUL!! She used Blog2Print (http://blog2print.sharedbook.com/blogworld/printmyblog/index.html), but said she thought Blurb (blurb.com) was a great choice too.

~ Sarah (Bunker)

Courtney said...

Aimee, as always, I love, love, LOVE to read your blog.... You make the life of a mom sound so much more exciting! hehe! I also agree about the fall versus Halloween things.... I am right there with you on that, girl!