Monday, October 6, 2008

Life These Days

In case you didn't notice, I changed my background and I LOVE it!! I also figured out how to add music. Sometimes I surprise myself. I am super pumped about the new look and sound, and I hope it makes your reading experience even more fun. :) Now on to more important things.


It's no secret that my family and I love to laugh! I am a firm believer that laughter IS the best medicine, and I am blessed to have many people in my life that prove that point on a regular basis. With that in mind, I thought I'd post a few things that made me laugh this week.


So just this morning I was doing a little reading on one of my favorite blogs and had the pleasure of discovering this little story. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-survived.html Isn't it great to hear how God can use little people to get our attention and make us focus on the more important things in life? Of course this was not the only blog entry that made me laugh. Here's something else for your viewing pleasure. Here's why this made me laugh. First of all, I too have tried a neti pot during a desperate time in my life. And I, like Curtis, lost my concentration and almost lost my dinner in my bathroom sink. This little contraption failed to change my life for the better. I don't know. Maybe I'm just not coordinated enough to reap the full benefits of draining your nose through a teapot. Congratulations to all of you who are talented and are living a changed life due to the neti pot. If it wasn't weird, I would ask you to come over and give me a private lesson.


It goes without saying that my son and husband are also a frequent source of laughter in my life. So I was not surprised when our family lunch on Saturday resulted in some good laughs on my part. As we were getting in the car, Luke said something sarcastic to me and I quickly replied with, "It's no secret that I run this show around here." I'm not really sure what we were discussing. All I remember is his quick-witted reply back to me. He said, "Yeah. You keep saying that and we'll just call it business. as. usual." Haha! It was probably more funny at the time but it sure did make me laugh. The other thing that made me laugh at lunch was my son! We decided on bbq for lunch, and after ordering and finding a table, I pulled out the bib that came with his highchair. When you scroll down you'll understand why I had to take a picture.




I couldn't contain my laughter when I put this on Austin and looked down to see a little head on top of a huge bib with big letters on the front. Needless to say, he didn't keep that thing on long at all. Can't say that I blame him. I wouldn't be caught dead with a huge bib on me that said something like "finger lickin', lip smackin' bodacious bbq" either.


However, the straw we gave him at the end to keep him happy was a completely different story. He loves straws and loves it even more when you feed him some of your drink from one. I was a little disturbed, though, to look over and see him using it as a ridiculously long cigarette. Apparently, though, I wasn't disturbed enough to keep myself from taking his picture. You stay classy, Austin Keiffer!

And speaking of Austin, I took a couple of pictures while we were playing the other day. These are 2 of his favorite toys. His door and his firetruck. However, neither of these outdo any kind of ball or "gall" as he calls them. If he's sad or mad all you have to do is hand him a ball and his mood changes instantly. It's great!



In other news, I was officially the mom of a teenager this last week. My sister Claire stayed with Luke and I while my parents were out of town on vacation. Remember when I said she was super busy? Well, she still is. And it makes me tired. It's been fun, though. We've loved having her here...when she was here. I meant to get a picture of us this week but didn't get the chance. So here's my favorite of us instead. :)

Finally, I am SUPER excited about a couple of trips Luke and I will be making. One with Austin and one without. This weekend we're going back up to Dallas to hang out with some of our Tulsa friends. We'll also be going to the TU vs SMU game. I can't wait. We haven't seen these people since we moved almost a year ago. Also, Luke and I will be going up to Columbus to visit these two, sans Austin.

We are SO excited! I know I will miss Austin terribly but it will be so nice to take a little trip with my husband the way we used to...just the 2 of us. Plus, it will be really nice to spend a little time with Jared and Lindsay. I will add that booking the flights was a little difficult, and I won't even go into what I think about their new policy of charging $15 per bag PER FLIGHT. If you change planes you would have to pay a total of $30 for just one bag! RIDICULOUS!! Needless to say, Luke is not a fan, so much so that he asked I be packed 2 weeks in advance in order to ship my things to Ohio. Are. You. Kidding. Me?! I told him I did not want to talk about it that night because I was so excited about our trip. Translation: Ruin my mood and you get to sleep in Savannah's dogloo! He took the hint. Have a I mentioned that my husband is incredibly smart?! Obviously he was joking about shipping my stuff, but what he was not joking about was carrying our bags on instead of checking them. This is stressing me out just a little since I'm not the lightest of packers. Oh well. A little challenge never hurt anyone and hopefully I'll rise to the occasion.

Finally, I've decided to get serious about working out at least every other day. I'm really ready to shed these last few pounds of the baby weight. I'm ashamed to admit that it's taken me this long! Really, there's just no excuse. I've been convicted lately about respecting my body and remembering that it's the temple of God. Eating right and staying active seems to have so many benefits for me. Not to mention the fact that it's amazing how much of an automatic self-esteem boost it is. On that note, I came across this blog today. http://sarahstirman.blogspot.com/Quick sidenote: I'm sure you've noticed by now that I have a slight obsession with blog reading. Hi my name is Aimee and I'm addicted to blogstalking. Anyways, it's not a fitness blog, but what I loved is that she does "Fitness Friday" entries. I found some of these entries to be a challenge to get motivated and make this area more of a priority. Besides reaching my goal weight, I really want Austin to learn at an early age how important it is to eat right and take care of the body God has given us. To sum it up, I'm praying for self-discipline and a desire to get some exercise in some way every day.

Well, that just about does it for the details on life these days. Hope you all are having a great start to the week! I know I'm looking forward to what God has in store for the Keiffer family this week and I hope you are anxiously awaiting His blessings in your own life for the week. Happy Monday. :)

1 comment:

Jon and Brittany said...

I see that Austin prefers Virginia Slims. He's got expensive taste! HA! Love you :)