Monday, October 20, 2008

Life As Usual

It's amazing what some rest and good drugs can do. I am happy to report that Austin is feeling much better. We're still waiting for his appetite to be back to normal, but he is sleeping better and acting more like his silly self. Just in case you don't believe me, here's some proof:

I spent Friday night preparing for a baby shower with some friends while Luke and Austin had "guys night." This was one of the pictures taken while I was gone. I sure am glad that Austin wants to be just like his daddy! You'll notice the lack of clothing which is how he spent most of last week. However, I think the highlight of his weekend was spending Saturday with Gigi and Papa B. As for Luke and I, well, we stayed pretty busy while our little man was away. My time was spent throwing a shower for a good friend and Luke spent the day doing yardwork. Here's just a glimpse of what he got done:


You're probably thinking that you have no idea what the difference is. I'll be happy to tell you and brag on my husband a little bit. We now have a rock border around the front (but empty) flower bed and are missing a little tree. He did some work in the backyard too. Slowly but surely we are making progress, and one day no one will be able to call our yard "hell's little half acre."

I'm also feeling better about life. I still have some things to work on thanks to my little memo from God last week, but it helps to have things back in perspective. It's going to be a busy week so I'm glad my little helper is on the mend and ready to be my buddy again!

No comments: