Monday, August 11, 2008

From Miss to Mrs

I want to apologize in advance for the length of this post. Actually, let's be honest, I'm not sorry at all. My sister only gets married once and it was such a fabulous weekend that I can't wait to share it with all of you. First of all, Brittany looked BEAUTIFUL!! And they were the happiest I'd ever seen them! Here is the bride and groom in all their glory:






There were so many wonderful highlights of the night that it is nearly impossible to capture them all here but I will do my best to try. Britt was pretty calm throughout the day and only experienced some nerves right before she got to see Jon. However, I think she was mostly excited. Her friend (and one of the bridesmaids) gave her a cute little white hoodie that said "Sexy Little Bride" on the back. SUPER CUTE and something she really wanted. Of course, it goes without saying that she wore it on her wedding day and took it on her honeymoon as well.

We were able to get our hair done before heading to the church where we all got ready. It was so fun to be in one big room with all the girls, especially since I didn't have alot of time to do that at my wedding. Once we got her dress on, and it was definitely a team effort, Britt looked absolutely stunning! My middle sister officially looked all grown up and ready to join the "married club!" (Don't worry, Claire, time will fly and we'll all be members!) I'm so proud of both my sisters and LOVED sharing such a special day with them. :)


Britt's other bridesmaids were such a special group of ladies and I was honored to celebrate with all of them. My Granny hosted a Bridesmaid Luncheon and we were able to pray over Britt. Needless to say, it was filled with many bittersweet tears and a couple of premature Amens to prevent sobbing like children! :) At the end of the prayer I had to laugh at the trash can full of Kleenex and thank Jesus for the opportunity to witness the love these friends had for Britt.


The team effort of getting Britt in her dress was quite a hilarious sight. But thank goodness we were able to "dress" her without messing up a very pretty updo.


To Brittany and Claire: I hold both of you in my heart and pray each day that God will bless you above and beyond what you can imagine. I'm so thankful we are so close and can be a part of each others' celebrations. You two are beautiful inside and out!



I just realized that I didn't get a picture with my mom and dad, but let me just say that they looked wonderful too. Soo happy and thankful for the man God provided for our Brittany. I DID however get a picture with one of my favorite friends who also doubled as our makeup artist for the day. I have no idea if she reads this but just in case...Andrea, you are such a blast and made this weekend so fun for all of us, especially me. You kept me from being too sad as I prepared to say goodbye for a short while to my little sister. But more importantly, thank you for making sure my hair didn't end up looking like a mullet. Simply put, you are the best!!





I also want to say a big thank you to my little family for being so flexible with my ever changing schedule during Wedding Week 2008! Standing next to Britt during the ceremony, my mind drifted back to the day I married my best friend and all the blessings God has given us since then. I could not have made it through this week without Luke's encouragement and Austin's sweet smile. I love you both more than words can say and I look forward to celebrating many more happy occasions with you two (and someday three) by my side! :)


For those of you who may not know, my dad performed the ceremony. He did the same for me and it was so special! Even though he is my dad and I'm somewhat biased, I think he did an awesome job. His main message to the bride and groom was "never put a tv in the bedroom." Apparently bedrooms are for sleeping, talking, and you guessed it...SEX! Pretty good advice if you ask me. A few people asked me if it was weird having him talk about that but I have to say that it wasn't. It is such an important part of marriage and when we both asked him to do the ceremony we knew that would be something he would address. He desires that we both have the best marriage possible and are as happy as he and my mom are. And to be completely honest I was more nervous about kissing Luke with him 2 feet away than I was hearing him talk about...well, I think you remember! Although, I do not have pictures of the ceremony, I DO have pictures of the programs which looked great!



The reception was a blast!!! There were so many wonderful friends and family present to celebrate with us. Not to mention, some of Jon and Britt's friends that kept us laughing with their dance skills. It was over too soon. Before we knew it, we were throwing rose petals and waving goodbye to Mr. and Mrs. Yeager. To sum it up, we partied like rock stars and I don't regret a moment of it!


This picture accurately captures the essence of Britt and Jon. Thanks for always keeping us laughing!Me and my cousin Jill. Isn't she gorgeous?!
Love these girls and the fact that we look like a tan Oreo cookie with me being the WHITE cream in the middle. :)
The first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Yeager Daddy/ Daughter dance
Stealing a dance with my sweetie.

Mother and Father of the Bride...and the best parents ever!
Uhhh, yes, Claire was dancing in flip flops.
Dre with the bride and groom

Dancing the night away
The adventure of marriage officially begins!
Claire deems the wedding and reception a definite SUCCESS!

THE cake
Love the cake topper!
The groom's cake...YUM! Family is the best
A few of the center pieces...I apologize for the incorrect angle
Despite being WIPED OUT we mustered enough energy to celebrate my cousin Aaron's birthday at La Margarita on Sunday. It was a perfect way to end the weekend. Mexican food with family and a friend. It doesn't get much better than that, folks!


The girls, sans Britt :(

Believe it or not this little guy was pretty wiped out as well
Our waiter had a fun time in this picture... Austin, however, was not amused!

Yes, it was a weekend filled with laughter, a few tears, and the making of many precious memories! I think the most important thing to mention is that the love that Brittany and Jon have for each other pales in comparison to the love they have for Jesus. And even deeper still is God's love for both of them. My sister and brother-in-law have just begun the adventure of a lifetime and I can't wait to see how God uses them together as a couple. Thank you Jesus for such a wonderful weekend. You alone know the plans You have for all of us!










1 comment:

a pair of pettijohns said...

loved reading your highlights! it truly was a wonderful night and you and your little family looked great!
thanks for including us!

by the way, who said that i wasn't going to have a chin issue in that picture? they lied.