Monday, July 21, 2008

Mission Accomplished!

So this time last week I was setting out to accomplish some major goals. I have to say...I feel like it was a successful week! I was able to finish up folding program covers and send them home with my sister. Now all that's left to do is stuff the folders with the actual programs. Next up was unpacking some boxes. I decided to start downstairs with the box full of cabinet decor. I was a little nervous about how to make these work since our cabinets at the last house were staggered...is that even a word?! But with a little creativity I think I'm satisfied with the results. Here are some pictures. Please feel free to offer suggestions!



The other big activity was celebrating Austin's first birthday on July 17th! We're actually planning a party with mostly family for this weekend but we couldn't let the day go by without making him feel special. I think the highlight for him was the miniature cupcake he got to devour. :) Here he is in all his messy glory.






I think the birthday cupcake was a success!
Luke and I were super motivated this weekend too. We had a little unpacking left to do so we both worked together to get it done. Our main motivation for unpacking was for Austin to have a big room to crawl around and play in. This is especially nice because Luke installed a baby gate at the top of the stairs so I can just close that along with the other doors upstairs and cut him loose. I'm really looking forward to spending a little more time upstairs because we had an extra room that we've turned into a scrapbook room for me. In fact, Luke also hung up some shelves for all my stuff and is planning on building me a little table. It has been so nice! So here's a look at our progress.

until we fill this room with furniture Austin gets to use it as one big playroom!



Scrapbook room (thank you, Luke for hanging my shelves!)


Other side of the room

As for the progress on the sippy cup, we are definitlely working on it and I think he's getting the hang of it. We've also started whole milk. We still have to mix in a scoop of formula while he continues to get used to the taste but I think he'll come around pretty soon. All in all, it's been a great week and I feel so good about our progress. Now if only we could get our yard looking nice...



No comments: