Monday, July 14, 2008

Goals

Everyone needs goals, right?! Well, I guess I'm no different. Lately I've been feeling like I'm not making a dent in all of the things that need to be accomplished. For example, even though I've been doing laundry since we returned from vacation, it still looks like my laundry room has thrown up all over itself! Note to self: do not prematurely pat yourself on the back about getting vacation laundry done on the day you get back! I did not finish and am still trying to play catch up. But anyways, back to my goals for the week.

Goal #1: Finish programs for the wedding.

Ok, thankfully, I am not in charge of doing the actual program. I have actually been given the job of folding and securing the covers, which looks like a little "program folder." I would post a picture but we want everyone to be surprised at the wedding. Luckily, I don't have many left to do but sometimes the motivation just isn't there when you've spent the day chasing a little one!

Goal #2: Finish unpacking remaining boxes
Granted, there are not many, but I'm ready to have everything out and in its place. Along these lines, I want to spend a little extra time organizing some things better. This is sometimes an unhealthy obsession for me so I'm going to do my best to "let go and let God." :)
Goal #3: Spend a good amount of time with Austin and a sippy cup
While our little man is advanced in MANY areas, he's not so thrilled about sippy cups. But with his first birthday coming up I think it's time for him to take the plunge. Otherwise, he'll be the only kindergardner with a bottle in his lunch box! :)
I think that just about does it for the goals. 3 big ones should require plenty of time and attention on top of all my mommy responsibilities. I hope you all have had a great weekend and are looking forward to the beginning of another week!

No comments: