Monday, April 5, 2010

has it really been a month??

I can't believe it. It's been over a month since I've posted. I guess it goes without saying that alot has happend in the last month. Nothing earth shattering, just a bunch of random stuff. I promise to share it with all of you but first a little Easter recap. You know, before I forget the details.

We had a great weekend! Austin went to College Station for a couple of days to get spoiled by his Uncle Jon and Aunt B or Bwitty as he calls her. That means that it was just Luke and I for a couple of days. After we got over the weirdness that was complete silence whenever one of us was not talking, we thoroughly enjoyed our quality time together. We decided to go to church on Friday night so as to avoid the massive amounts of people that were sure to be present at the remaining weekend services.

Good call on our part.

Besides the obvious, the highlight of the night was watching Luke's face light up while he played with our friends' son Jack. In fact, about .2 seconds after I stole him from his Mommy, Luke stole him from me. You will never see 2 people get more excited about a tiny foam book about farm animals. Just when I think I can't love him more, he does something like that and completely melts my heart. I got myself a keeper for sure!

On Saturday, we met up with Brittany and Jon in Bastrop to pick up the light of our lives. Claire came with us, which was a real treat. Since I wasn't driving, I appointed myself as the Roadtrip DJ complete with a few spontaneous dance moves.

Luke asked me if I'd been drinking.
I think he was just jealous.
And so were the people in the car next to us.

I worked up quite an appetite after all that dancing. Luckily, our lunch stop was at this hamburger place called Roadhouse. It. Was. Amazing! Voted "Best Burgers in Bastrop" as a matter of fact, which is a real accomplishment in a small town. Oh, I kid.

We had the best time. We laughed, took pictures, and caught up. I felt dangerously close to tears as I hugged my sister goodbye. I officially lost the battle when she started crying. You see, Brittany and Jon are moving to Boston this summer after they lead a mission trip to Greece. The reality of how quickly that day is coming has hit me square in the face, giving my husband a few good opportunities to practice his Comforting Skills.

You're welcome, Sweetie.

I guess that's why times like Saturday are so sweet. All too soon, those opportunities will be harder to come by. I take comfort in the fact that we got a little taste of how fun those times together will be last Saturday. I am so proud of the two of them. God is going to use them to impact the East coast in mighty ways! I just hope Boston is ready.  

Sunday was pretty low key. We had my parents and grandparents over for an Easter lunch and of course we hid eggs for Austin. I felt so guilty about the two pieces of pie I ate that I went to visit the Bauerlein Gym. In other words, I had a date with their treadmill.

Today we're recovering from the fun times that were had by all. So far, I've cleaned our bathroom, done some laundry, and said goodbye to my other sister. It was refreshingly less sad seeing as how in just one short month, she'll be home for summer. I can't wait!! And speaking of summer, how great is this weather we've been having?! I wore a dress today and couldn't be happier about all the green I've been seeing. The bluebonnets aren't bad either.

I hope your Easter weekend was just as wonderful as ours. We have alot to celebrate. Because of His sacrifice, we have the privilege of living an abundant life. Happy Monday, friends!!

2 comments:

The Live Kite said...

i have to say.. the main picture is AMAZING.. theres a lot of meaning there.

Congrats.

a pair of pettijohns said...

welcome back to the blogosphere! we've missed you.

SO glad you guys had fun living up the child-less life for a few days!! :) what a treat!

yes, i'm jealous of your amazing burger joint experience. i do love me a good burger! corpus has very few burger places here seeing as how they think whataburger hung the moon. it's unfortunate, really.

and YaHoO for britt & jon and their east coast extravaganza!! what an amazing experience for them. i know what it's like to have sisters far, far away...it's kinda sad sometimes - but it does make the times that you are with them EXTRA special. care packages and fun mail become SUPER fun!!