Tuesday, April 27, 2010

a day in our life

6:45  Say goodbye to Luke. Not entirely sure what he's wearing since it's still dark in our room. However, of this I am sure, he looks good. Can't wait for him to get home already.

7:10   I hear "Mommy! Is it light in my room? Come and get me!!" over the monitor. Love his sweet voice!

7:11  Stumble out of bed and feed Savannah...who has been shoving me with her nose in an effort to convey that she is STARVING!! Message received, Sannah. Thanks.

7:15  Tell my little ray of sunshine good morning while getting his clothes out for the day.

7:16  Ask him to bring his little bottom over here {while pointing to the ground in front of me} so I can get him dressed.

7:17  Ask him to get out of bed the right way and "Please hurry! I really have to go to the bathroom."

7:20  Finally dressed!! Headed downstairs.

7:25  Toys are out and Mickey Mouse is on the tv. Time to play!!


8:00  It's not long before certain areas of my house look like this...


...maybe we should break for some breakfast.

8:05  Orange juice and a "cookie" {or cereal bar}~ Breakfast of Champions


8:30  Walk into the living room to see Austin hiding beside the couch. When asked if he needs to go potty he says,

Nope!

Note to self: Hiding means that some serious business is going on.

8:31  While changing a dirty diaper, I explain to Austin the importance of telling Mommy "before you go poo poo so that we can go sit on the potty."

8:32  Marvel at the fact that this time 5 years ago I was about to get married. Translation: Potty Training Pep Talks were no where near my radar. 

8:35  Austin informs me he needs to go pee-pee on the potty. So off we go. 

8:37  Success!!  

8:38  Marvel again at the fact that in the last 2 years I've traded sleeping in for a 7:00 wake-up call, lunch dates for play dates...

...quiet for constant chatter, planning get-aways for planning Easter traditions...


...and grown-up conversations for high fives over small accomplishments. I wouldn't trade a single day! God is good.

10:30  Showered, dressed, and heading out the door to run some errands.

10:40  FINALLY in the car. Austin decides to tell me then that...
I think I'm going poo poo again....  Uh oh. Not again!!

My thoughts exactly.

10:41  We're out of the car and headed BACK to the potty.

10:43  Turns out jokes on me and Austin doesn't really have to go potty. Awesome.

10:50  Back in the car again. Praying, in Jesus name, I don't end up changing a dirty diaper in the back of my car at Costco.

11:00  Walking around Costco makes me think of Brittany and how much we miss those Yeagers!


11:05  Hello, Stuffed Salmon. Hello, Dinner! Score!!

11:25  Headed to the check-out with food, a book for Austin, and some flowers I decided to bless myself with. Three words: Worth. Every. Penny.

12:00  Lunch with Papa B!! Earl of Sandwich is calling our names.
We're only too happy to answer that call.


12:30  Ask how Claire is doing. Realize how excited I am for summer. Looking forward to some quality time with our C!






1:00  Home from lunch. Nap time but not before another trip to the potty. Success again. Turns out peanut butter M&Ms are quite the motivator. However, when they're not motivating, they're mocking me. Unfortunately, M&Ms of any kind are not on my diet. Bummer.

4:00 Still waiting for Austin to wake up from his nap. Say what?! It's been almost THREE hours since I put him down?!

4:30  Austin's awake. :) Trying to decide if we should go run. Think I'll just snuggle with Haha on the couch while we watch a little behind the scenes at DWTS on Oprah. Don't judge.

5:00  Talked to Luke who will be home any minute. YES! Running can wait.

5:30  Off to run. By myself. The boys are off to Academy. You know...the right stuff, the right price. Or something like that.

6:00  Let the torture begin. At least I got to see my mom for a minute. Too bad Austin wasn't with me. He does love his Gigi.


6:30  Headed home to start dinner. Remember the stuffed salmon? Hoping it tastes as good as it looks.  

7:30  Dinner. A half-hearted attempt at best. But hey! At least I made it instead of "bringing it from afar."

8:30  Austin's in bed, kitchen's cleaned, and living room is picked up. Time to relax.

8:45  Luke informs me that he may have bought his birthday gift...
And his anniversary gift...
Tonight.
Glad to know I'm influencing him in the important areas of life. 

10:30  Time to call it a night. Final thought of the day: didn't do my quiet time :( At least tomorrow's another day.  Still. Today was a great day!


Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
Isaiah 26:8

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Love every second of your day! Especially the trip to the potty after Austin was buckled in! I love those days! :) Thanks for sharing!
http://www.thekadenchronicles.blogspot.com/

a pair of pettijohns said...

fun pictures!

Charley said...

OK....I was just clicking "next blog" and came upon yours. I will definitely come back and read more!! Love the verses from Scripture!!! Have a blessed day!

M Hastings said...

Sounds like an excellent day! And busy! XD

Typical Tean said...

I love your stories and the potty breaks keep on rigthitng PLEASE